Author Topic: Federal judge sentences naturalized citizen for lying to obtain US citizenship  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 3, 2023RALEIGH, NCENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL, DOCUMENT AND BENEFIT FRAUD, CHILD EXPLOITATION
Federal judge sentences naturalized citizen for lying to obtain US citizenship

RALEIGH, N.C. — U.S. District Judge Terrence W. Boyle sentenced Cruz Miguel Aguina, 40, to eight months in prison following a guilty plea to immigration fraud. Aguina was also judicially denaturalized as a U.S. citizen.

According to court records, on July 3, 2019, Aguina fraudulently obtained U.S. citizenship by making materially false statements under oath regarding his naturalization application. Aguina answered no in response to the question “Were you ever involved in … forcing, or trying to force, someone to have any kind of sexual contact or relations?” He also answered no in response to the question “Have you ever committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were not arrested?”

However, on June 16, 2022, in the Superior Court of North Carolina in Johnston County, Aguina was convicted of statutory rape of a child. The judge sentenced him to between 240 and 348 months’ imprisonment and ordered him to register as a sex offender.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/federal-judge-sentences-naturalized-citizen-lying-obtain-us-citizenship-raleigh
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Will he actually be deported, and if so, will he simply walk back in over the Southern border courtesy of Bidet?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will he actually be deported, and if so, will he simply walk back in over the Southern border courtesy of Bidet?
Child molesters don't generally fare well in prison. Even thieves and murderers have standards.

Twenty years (240 months) could be a life sentence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis