Author Topic: US active-duty troops to help with ‘non-law enforcement duties’ on border  (Read 287 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US active-duty troops to help with ‘non-law enforcement duties’ on border
by Cindy Ramirez
May 2, 2023

The U.S. Department of Defense is deploying 1,500 active-duty troops to the Southwest border to help with “non-law enforcement duties” in anticipation of the migrant increase expected when Title 42 ends next week.

The troops will be deployed for 90 days to help with ground-based detection and monitoring, data entry and warehouse support, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said in a statement Tuesday. The personnel will augment the 2,500 National Guard troops already deployed to the border to assist the DHS.

“DoD personnel have never, and will not, perform law enforcement activities or interact with migrants or other individuals in DHS custody. This support will free up DHS law enforcement personnel to perform their critical law enforcement missions,” the statement reads.

It is unclear how many of those federal troops will be stationed in El Paso. The Department of Defense personnel are separate from the Texas National Guard troops sent here by Gov. Greg Abbott under his controversial initiative Operation Lone Star in December.

https://elpasomatters.org/2023/05/02/us-active-duty-troops-to-help-with-non-law-enforcement-duties-on-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This must be how Brandon keeps such a tight hold on the border, threats! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“DoD personnel have never, and will not, perform law enforcement activities or interact with migrants or other individuals in DHS custody.

That's a huge relief to me. They are soldiers,NOT cops.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cdkyle

Let's hope they don't get attacked by the cartel.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Let's hope they don't get attacked by the cartel.

@cdkyle

If attacked,they  WILL respond in kind.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!