Author Topic: Biden’s Border Desperation Breeds Confusion for Migrants — and Americans  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Border Desperation Breeds Confusion for Migrants — and Americans
‘People here know nothing about what they’re getting into’

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 5, 2023

As Title 42 is set to end on May 11, pundits like me are scrambling to understand what our desperate and farcically unprepared administration is planning to do when wave after growing wave of migrants start crossing the Southwest border in coming days. The Wall Street Journal reports the migrants don’t know that either — but it’s not stopping them from coming. That uncertainty is a problem, because the migrants and American people alike “know nothing about what they’re getting into”.

A Truncated History of Title 42. “Title 42” is shorthand for a series of orders issued by the CDC beginning in late March 2020 to prevent the introduction and spread of Covid-19. Collectively known as “Title 42” because they were issued pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 265, those orders direct CBP to expel all illegal entrants at the land borders and aliens deemed inadmissible at the land-border ports.

Donald Trump was president when the earliest of those orders were issued, prompting critics of his immigration policies to complain that his CDC only issued those orders as a border-enforcement tool.

That’s a canard, however, because by March 2020, Trump had implemented policies that had created, in the words of Biden’s first Border Patrol chief, Rodney Scott, “what was arguably the most effective border security in” U.S. history, which Biden inherited.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Border-Desperation-Breeds-Confusion-Migrants-and-Americans
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson