Author Topic: Sweden’s First EV-Charging Road Will Power Electric Vehicles as They Drive  (Read 901 times)

Offline libertybele

Sweden’s First EV-Charging Road Will Power Electric Vehicles as They Drive

The “E-20” highway stretch in Sweden will soon become the nation’s first functioning charging road to juice the batteries of heavy vehicles carrying freight around the nation.

E-20, (the E actually stands for Europe, rather than electric) runs between Hallsberg and Örebro in the middle of the country’s three major cities, Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Malmö.

Construction is slated to begin in 2025 along a whopping 21 kilometers of road (13 miles), but it hasn’t been decided which method of charging will be used. Previously-constructed charging roads in Europe have used methods that require outside equipment—overhead wires like a city tram line or undercarriage-mounted arms that attach to an electrified rail along the roadway.

These are highly impractical for regular motorists, who can neither reach the cables nor afford to mount a robotic arm on their car.

The last option, and the only sensible one for cars as well as trucks, is to build wireless charging infrastructure down the center of the lanes that send out an electromagnetic signal to a coil on the underside of the vehicle small enough to be fitted to a sedan or a tractor-trailer.

In any case, in order to conduct long-haul trucking in the larger European countries, there has to be sensible charging infrastructure to prevent the trucks from becoming overloaded with the battery packs necessary to drive long distances.

“If you are going to have only static charging full battery solution for heavy-duty vehicles, you will get vehicles with a huge amount of batteries that the vehicles need to carry,” said Jan Pettersson, Director of Strategic Development at Trafikverket, the Swedish transport administration.............................

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/swedens-first-ev-charging-road-will-power-electric-vehicles-as-they-drive/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

That's going to be a spectacular failure.

Offline libertybele

That's going to be a spectacular failure.

Is there anything EV related that isn't going to be a failure?  Then what? One thing is for sure, liberalism IS a FAILURE!!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
what a saab story when it fails.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just remember these when you see a EV stranded along the road, of if an EV owner asks you for a lift.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:20:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And Sweden will go bankrupt in 10....,9,....8.......

Ain't NOTHING free but nature,and even then we end up paying a price one way or  another.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

A whole 13 minutes of recharging at 60 MPH...

There's only one thing that makes any sense with the foreseeable battery technology. That's for industry to standardize on a single replaceable battery pack that is common to all vehicles. Then you exchange battery packs wherever you decide to "fill up". The exchange could be more than one pack depending on your vehicles power requirements. It could be done in minutes and you're on your way. You are also then not responsible for an individual battery as they all come out of a common pool of batteries. No giant cost when the battery craps out, just go swap out to another one.

Offline libertybele

There's only one thing that makes any sense with the foreseeable battery technology. That's for industry to standardize on a single replaceable battery pack that is common to all vehicles. Then you exchange battery packs wherever you decide to "fill up". The exchange could be more than one pack depending on your vehicles power requirements. It could be done in minutes and you're on your way. You are also then not responsible for an individual battery as they all come out of a common pool of batteries. No giant cost when the battery craps out, just go swap out to another one.

The only thing that to me makes sense is to give up the EV idea period.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While EVs are definitely not ready for prime time out of town above the 48th parallel, (and even points south), they may well have a place in densely populated urban areas (that already have mass transit).

Out here in flyover country, outside of town, nope.

I would not be so irritated by all this if it was not being pushed on a false premise that somehow this is going to be better for the environment or is going to "save the planet", which, frankly I regard as nonsense (I'm being nice). Typical of Leftist pushed schemes, they tend to overdo what might have been acceptable and try to shove some one size fits all crap down everyone's throats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While EVs are definitely not ready for prime time out of town above the 48th parallel, (and even points south), they may well have a place in densely populated urban areas (that already have mass transit).

Out here in flyover country, outside of town, nope.

I would not be so irritated by all this if it was not being pushed on a false premise that somehow this is going to be better for the environment or is going to "save the planet", which, frankly I regard as nonsense (I'm being nice). Typical of Leftist pushed schemes, they tend to overdo what might have been acceptable and try to shove some one size fits all crap down everyone's throats.

@Smokin Joe

Typical leftist schemes have nothing to do with saving the planet,and everything to do with lining the pockets of leftist billionaires with  even more billions,while also giving them more power and control over thee and me.

Power and control is what it is ALL about. Even the money they lust after is only lusted after for the additional power and control it gives them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

EV's will be the desirable standard at some point in time. But the technology isn't there yet and that's ignoring the infrastructure issues for both power generation and distribution.

It wasn't that long ago that LED lights were a pipedream, especially something that was a high-powered light source that didn't have awful color. These days they work pretty damn well.

CRT monitors are long gone. LCD displays were around quite awhile but they couldn't compete with resolution and color fidelity of the CRT. Now LCD monitors FAR exceed the capabilities of a CRT and are dramatically less expensive. 4k+ displays are truly fantastic.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

@DB

Even with battery standardization you would have to have some kind of plug n play capability. And even then the physical requirement may beyond many.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 02:03:38 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

@DB

Even with battery standardization you would have to have some kind of plug n play capability. And even then the physical requirement may beyond many.

The battery swap would be done by machine. That's why everything to do with the battery has to be standardized across the industry.