Author Topic: The Army bought nearly $5 billion worth of rockets  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army bought nearly $5 billion worth of rockets
« on: May 04, 2023, 04:33:22 pm »
The Army bought nearly $5 billion worth of rockets
By
Miguel Ortiz
Updated on
May 1, 2023

Following Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, America and its allies began drawing from their own military stockpiles to aid Kyiv in its defense. At the same time,…
Following Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, America and its allies began drawing from their own military stockpiles to aid Kyiv in its defense. At the same time, governments fearing an escalated conflict with Russia increased military spending and procurement. To replenish its stockpiles and provide more aid to allies, the U.S. Army awarded a Not-to-Exceed $4.79 billion contract to Lockheed Martin for HIMARS and other rockets and associated equipment to be completed by 2026.

The enormous contract calls for the production of Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System rockets, specifically the Unitary and Alternative Warhead rockets, as well as integrated logistics support for the Army and international partners. In 2019, the Army awarded Lockheed Martin a $1.3 billion contract for the production of over 9,500 Unitary and AW rockets, more than 300 Low-Cost Reduced-Range Practice rockets and logistics support. The 2023 contract represents an exponential acquisitions increase for the Army.

To meet the increased demand for rockets by the U.S. and allied nations, Lockheed Martin is kicking production into high gear. "We are working closely with our Army customer and supply chain partners, who are moving with unprecedented speed, to ramp production capacity supporting the urgent need for this highly-reliable, combat-proven rocket," said Jay Price, vice president of Precision Fires for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, in a company press release. "We’re seeing an increase in demand for this versatile rocket because GMLRS provides strategic advantage, unmatched accuracy and it’s cost-effective. It's the right round for many missions."

https://www.wearethemighty.com/tactical/army-rockets-himars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army bought nearly $5 billion worth of rockets
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 04:34:25 pm »
Those missiles are eco-friendly, I trust! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Army bought nearly $5 billion worth of rockets
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 04:49:51 pm »
Those missiles are eco-friendly, I trust! 000hehehehe
Maybe they are painted green... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis