Author Topic: Trump Advisers Are 'Terrified' of DeSantis: Ex-Trump Attorney  (Read 487 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Some of former President Donald Trump's senior advisers are "terrified" of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his highly anticipated 2024 presidential bid, according to ex-Trump attorney Jenna Ellis.

"The fact that Governor DeSantis, who is not a presidential candidate, has been the central focus of every smearing attack ad by the former president and his team is evidence that they fear him," Ellis told Newsweek on Thursday. "A team that claims to be winning by 'a lot,' but has to lie and smear the most popular Republican governor in the country, is not a confident team."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-advisers-are-terrified-desantis-ex-trump-attorney-1798358
The Republic is lost.

Offline BellyAche

Re: Trump Advisers Are 'Terrified' of DeSantis: Ex-Trump Attorney
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 04:46:44 pm »
I wouldn't necessarily equate blasting DeSantis heavily as showing "fear."  It's just the hallmark of a Trump expressed campaign. He's mad at the guy and isn't waiting for his formal entry into the race.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 04:52:26 pm »
 :yawn2:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 05:51:09 pm »
Some of former President Donald Trump's senior advisers are "terrified" of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his highly anticipated 2024 presidential bid, according to ex-Trump attorney Jenna Ellis.

"The fact that Governor DeSantis, who is not a presidential candidate, has been the central focus of every smearing attack ad by the former president and his team is evidence that they fear him," Ellis told Newsweek on Thursday. "A team that claims to be winning by 'a lot,' but has to lie and smear the most popular Republican governor in the country, is not a confident team."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-advisers-are-terrified-desantis-ex-trump-attorney-1798358

He should be afraid. He's a big loudmouth bully, and DeSantis is a political Buford Pusser.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 09:15:48 pm »
I don’t know if he’s terrified but there is an anxiety on the part of Trump of the prospect of DeSantis getting in, assuming he does

And this anxiety started not long after DeSantis did what Trump couldn’t do and that’s win elections especially in such a lopsided victory in 2022

Hillary behaved in a somewhat similar fashion as her early insurmountable lead in the 2007-2008 Democrat primary season started to disappear as the primary season heated up. Trump might believe that if he goes on the attack early, he can stave off the same eventual fate as Hillary. That’s why the early picture of a young Ron DeSantis with underage drinkers with no context provided, and his suggestion of a George Soros endorsement for DeSantis
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 09:18:12 pm »
I don’t know if he’s terrified but there is an anxiety on the part of Trump of the prospect of DeSantis getting in, assuming he does

And this anxiety started not long after DeSantis did what Trump couldn’t do and that’s win elections especially in such a lopsided victory in 2022

Hillary behaved in a somewhat similar fashion as her early insurmountable lead in the 2007-2008 Democrat primary season started to disappear as the primary season heated up. Trump might believe that if he goes on the attack early, he can stave off the same eventual fate as Hillary. That’s why the early picture of a young Ron DeSantis with underage drinkers with no context provided, and his suggestion of a George Soros endorsement for DeSantis

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 09:33:48 pm »
Ron DeSantis is a follower, not a leader.  He's a Greg Abbott and Donald Trump wannabe.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 09:36:32 pm »
Ron DeSantis is a follower, not a leader.  He's a Greg Abbott and Donald Trump wannabe.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I find that to be a crock of crappola. DeSantis is a great leader and has done a really good job for the State of Florida.  I like Abbot, but Trump has become an epic disaster.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 09:37:31 pm »

Maybe so

But he sure has impacted Trump’s and his MAGA’s  psyche
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:44:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy