Author Topic: Biden on the debt ceiling hike: It's my way or the highway  (Read 126 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
washingtonexaminer.com
Biden on the debt ceiling hike: It's my way or the highway
Elizabeth Stauffer

It doesn’t take long for reality to catch up with people who spend their money recklessly.

If the situation is not too far gone, it may be simply a question of cutting back temporarily on unnecessary purchases. However, if the overspending has persisted for a long period of time, an individual may be forced by outsiders, such as credit card companies or banks, into concessions with which they disagree.

Such is the predicament the White House finds itself in at the moment. The Biden administration’s two-and-a-half-year spending spree has driven up the United States national debt to a whopping $31.4 trillion dollars, and the government is rapidly approaching the day when it can no longer pay its bills.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen notified Congress on Monday that if the debt ceiling is not raised or suspended soon, the government could default on its debt as early as June 1. Needless to say, a default by the U.S. government would be a shock to the world economy and must be avoided.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/biden-on-the-debt-ceiling-hike-its-my-way-or-the-highway
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden on the debt ceiling hike: It's my way or the highway
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 02:11:42 pm »
Going deeper into debt that cannot be serviced only guarantees the fall will be farther.

AFAIK, there is no terminal velocity for a collapsing economy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis