Author Topic: U.S., Mexico agree on tighter immigration policies at border  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S., Mexico agree on tighter immigration policies at border
by: COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press

Posted: May 3, 2023 / 02:12 PM CDT

Updated: May 3, 2023 / 02:12 PM CDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. and Mexican officials have agreed on new immigration policies meant to deter illegal border crossings while also opening up other pathways ahead of an expected increase in migrants following the end of pandemic restrictions next week.

Homeland Security adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall spent Tuesday meeting with Mexico President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and other top officials, emerging with a five-point plan, according to statements from both nations.

Under the agreement, Mexico will continue to accept migrants from Venezuela, Haiti, Cuba and Nicaragua who are turned away at the border, and up to 100,000 individuals from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador who have family in the U.S. will be eligible to live and work there.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/u-s-mexico-agree-on-tighter-immigration-policies-at-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S., Mexico agree on tighter immigration policies at border
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 11:49:40 am »
Hitler and Stalin had policy agreements, too.  Hitler and Chamberlain had policy agreements.  The American people and the government HAD policy agreements known as the Constitution, no long in effect. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson