Author Topic: Brace Yourself for the 2024 Deepfake Election  (Read 600 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Brace Yourself for the 2024 Deepfake Election
« on: May 03, 2023, 09:19:21 pm »
https://www.wired.com/story/chatgpt-generative-ai-deepfake-2024-us-presidential-election/

No matter what happens with generative AI, its disruptive forces are already beginning to play a role in the fast-approaching US presidential race

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WAS once something the average person described in the abstract. They had no tactile relationship with it that they were aware of, even if their devices were often utilizing it. That’s all changed over the past year as people have started to engage with AI programs like OpenAI’s DALL-E and ChatGPT, and the technology is rapidly advancing.

As AI is democratized, democracy itself is falling under new pressures. There will likely be many exciting ways it will be deployed, but it may also start to distort reality and could become a major threat to the 2024 presidential election if AI-generated audio, images, and videos of candidates proliferate. The line between what’s real and what’s fake could start to blur significantly more than it already has in an age of rampant disinformation.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley