Author Topic: Trump won't call any witnesses to defend him in E. Jean Carroll rape trial, his lawyer says  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump won't call any witnesses to defend him in E. Jean Carroll rape trial, his lawyer says
Jacob Shamsian and Ashley Collman
May 3, 2023, 1:27 PM CDT

Donald Trump's lawyers won't call witnesses in his defense in his rape and defamation trial.

E. Jean Carroll sued the former president for allegedly raping her and then trashing her in public.

Trump has denied Carroll's allegations.

Donald Trump won't have any witnesses testify to defend him in his ongoing rape and defamation trial, his lawyer said in court Wednesday.

Trump hasn't personally shown up to the trial, which has been going on for a week in Manhattan federal court. His legal team previously said the only witness it might call in his defense was Dr. Edgar Nace, a psychiatrist, who might testify as an expert witness over Zoom.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump's attorney Joe Tacopina said Nace wouldn't testify at all because of "health issues." That means Trump won't present any case at all in the ex-president's defense.

The trial is over a civil lawsuit brought by E. Jean Carroll, a former Elle magazine columnist who says Trump raped her in a dressing room of the lingerie section of Manhattan's Bergdorf Goodman department store in the spring of 1996. Her lawsuit claims Trump is liable for battery for the alleged rape as well as for defamation after he called her a liar when she went public with her story decades later.

Tacopina confirmed at the end of Tuesday's court session that Trump would not personally appear at the trial. He also said in his opening statement last week that jurors would see Trump's defense unfold through cross-examination of witnesses brought by Carroll's legal team.

"After they testify under questioning by plaintiff's counsel, we get to question them. That's where our defense is in this case," Tacopina said. "It's coming out through the questioning of their witnesses. That's our entire defense."

more
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trial-no-witnesses-testify-defense-rape-e-jean-carroll-2023-5
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall

Tell them a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice when she was just small
When the men on the chess board
Get up and tell you where to go

And you just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's lost her head
Remember what the dormouse said

Feed your head
Feed your head
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

My TDS obviously hasn't kicked in. I'm not a believer in this dem fox hunt.  I just don't see Trump doing coke and even back when she was decent looking, I would have to be high to do that!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

My TDS obviously hasn't kicked in. I'm not a believer in this dem fox hunt.  I just don't see Trump doing coke and even back when she was decent looking, I would have to be high to do that!

:mauslaff: