Author Topic: Out-of-control teen driver speeding at over 120 mph nearly kills cop  (Read 695 times)

Offline Kamaji

Out-of-control teen driver speeding at over 120 mph nearly kills cop

By Jesse O’Neill
May 3, 2023

Dashcam video captured the terrifying moment an out-of-control BMW careened across four lanes of traffic and a highway median in Virginia at more than 120 miles per hour, nearly hitting a cop.

The heart-stopping incident happened late Monday morning in suburban Fairfax County as an officer was making a routine traffic stop on the southbound Fairfax County Parkway, about 20 miles away from Capitol Hill, officials said.

All of a sudden, a black 2018 BMW M3 driven by a 17-year-old and headed northbound on the parkway, lost control, spun around and dashed across traffic, slamming into both the car that was pulled over and the cop car.

Footage shows the unidentified officer frantically dashing out of the way of the vehicle and narrowly avoiding losing his life in the ghastly collision.

The driver who was being pulled over was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, officials said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/out-of-control-teen-driver-nearly-kills-cop/

Animated gif of the dashcam video:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cop sure didn't have to do his colon cleanse for that week.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cop sure didn't have to do his colon cleanse for that week.

The reason they wear dark pants.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

New male drivers should be required to have speed and acceleration limiters on their vehicles for at least a year after getting their license.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Must have been fun for the pulled over driver to watch that coming at them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not to mention the driver going past the police car and stopped vehicle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Not to mention the driver going past the police car and stopped vehicle.

Yup.  Gotta figure out in adrenalin-doped fast time how to thread that needle.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Was a 2018 BMW M3...doing about 120 mph.

Saw the flashing lights on the cruiser coming around the bend and applied the brakes

Told my buddy that he should have fallen over the guardrail backward...but after seeing it a half-dozen times, the officer didn't have time to do anything but exactly what he did.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:37:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Saw the flashing lights on the cruiser coming around the bend and applied the brakes

Told my buddy that he should have fell over the guardrail backward...but after seeing it a half-dozen times, the officer didn't have time to do anything but exactly what he did.

Did you see this in realtime @DCPatriot ??   *bouche*

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The cop's guardian angel deserves a raise.   happy77

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Out-of-control teen driver speeding at over 120 mph nearly kills cop
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 07:36:37 pm »
Did you see this in realtime @DCPatriot ??   *bouche*

Our local Channel 4 had it on last night before it went viral.  happy77

...and the kid could only be charged with reckless driving.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 07:52:04 pm »
New male drivers should be required to have speed and acceleration limiters on their vehicles for at least a year after getting their license.
Back in the day, late 70's, parents in Fountain Valley, Ca were doing very well and giving their high school kids expensive fast cars. As you would expect there were lots of accidents and deaths....not all the out of control drivers were males **nononono* stupid doesn't belong to just one sex.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2023, 07:53:20 pm »
Probably had to have his seat as well as his pants replaced.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2023, 08:01:37 pm »
Probably had to have his seat as well as his pants replaced.

The cop probably pulled him over for speeding. He went from an accident waiting to happen to an accident waiting to happen.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2023, 08:16:34 pm »

Told my buddy that he should have fallen over the guardrail backward...but after seeing it a half-dozen times, the officer didn't have time to do anything but exactly what he did.
He best better get down on his knees and thank God Almighty for putting him in the one protected spot in that mess. The ending could have been far worse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023, 08:26:32 pm »
Thank you Lord I never had a car in my youth that went that fast. My Datsun 210 (stick) would only do about 80, which I seemed to think was a nice cruising speed on roads that were not rated for that. I did run from one police officer that caught me speeding around a bend, he lost sight of me before turning around and I ducked off in some residential for a short time. He caught sight of me pumping gas 30 minutes later and drove by waving his finger (scared me)... I was young and dumb.

Not sure that guard rail would of withstood the impact without the pulled over car's buffering.  Glancing blows I think are ok, but a straight on hit would of folded that rail with little effort.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:28:36 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 09:38:25 pm »
Thank you Lord I never had a car in my youth that went that fast. My Datsun 210 (stick) would only do about 80, which I seemed to think was a nice cruising speed on roads that were not rated for that. I did run from one police officer that caught me speeding around a bend, he lost sight of me before turning around and I ducked off in some residential for a short time. He caught sight of me pumping gas 30 minutes later and drove by waving his finger (scared me)... I was young and dumb.

Not sure that guard rail would of withstood the impact without the pulled over car's buffering.  Glancing blows I think are ok, but a straight on hit would of folded that rail with little effort.

I used to have a diesel mercedes when I was younger, and while it would get up to speed - I think 80 was the fastest I ever had it - it took its own sweet time getting there, so I always had plenty of time to ask myself whether I really wanted a speeding ticket before I got to the point where I was risking one.

I also had a friend who had a 60s Chevelle with a 327 into which he had dropped a racing cam, as well as a few other bells and whistles.  He told me one time that he was horsing around in a residential area when he spotted a cop on a side street, he said that he passed behind a school bus (bus was between him and the cop), and over the 40 foot length of the bus he dropped the speed from way over the limit to below 25 mph (miraculously, without blowing the engine).  The cop subsequently pulled him over, read him the riot act, and said "I know you were speeding, and you know you were speeding, but we both know that I can't prove it, so from now on, every time I see you, I'm pulling you over for a safety inspection."  He got pulled over for about 7 or 8 safety inspections over the next few years, and twice had to get the car towed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 10:17:28 pm by Kamaji »

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2023, 12:00:29 am »

I did, and it went more than 120 and I was 17 but I never drove it that fast until around 1 AM when the freeway was pretty much empty, back then I wasn't completely crazy....yet.