Author Topic: NCIS seeks help in solving ship fire case  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NCIS seeks help in solving ship fire case
« on: May 04, 2023, 04:07:30 pm »
NCIS seeks help in solving ship fire case
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 May 3, 06:24 PM

A fire broke out in December aboard the guided-missile destroyer Carney, sending six sailors to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Investigators believe it was set intentionally. (Navy)

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is seeking the public’s help in solving a suspected arson case aboard the guided-missile destroyer Carney that took place just before Christmas at the warship’s home in Mayport, Florida.

NCIS is offering a $2,000 reward to anyone with information on the Dec. 23 blaze, which sent six sailors to the hospital for smoke inhalation, officials said at the time.

Anyone with information can reach the agency at NCIS.navy.mil, and can report a tip anonymously.

A fire scene examination by NCIS, other federal authorities and Florida investigators “determined that the fire was a non-accidental fire caused by human means,” NCIS spokesman Jeff Houston said in an email.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/05/03/ncis-seeks-help-in-solving-ship-fire-case/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NCIS seeks help in solving ship fire case
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 04:08:15 pm »
Has Gibbs retired? *bouche*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson