Author Topic: Biden administration considers sending 1,500 US troops to border ahead of lifting of Title 42: sourc  (Read 348 times)

Offline libertybele

1,500 troops?  How about 3,000????  How about declaring that ILLEGALS are an enemy of the U.S.?  Secondly, I'll believe this when it happens.  He's "considering" sending troops. Doubtful.  Thirdly, they'll mostly have administrative duties-- meaning they'll just hand them papers to appear in court and they'll disappear!!!   They are granting them asylum which means they can apply for citizenship.   888mouth 888mouth 888mouth 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Biden administration considers sending 1,500 US troops to border ahead of lifting of Title 42: sources

The Biden administration is considering whether to send 1,500 active duty U.S. troops to the southern border in the coming days amidst concerns that tens of thousands of migrants will surge into the country once Title 42 is lifted, sources tell Fox News.

The U.S. soldiers would come from a variety of active duty Army units and would serve in mostly administrative roles and transport roles to free up law enforcement and Border Patrol, according to two senior U.S. officials familiar with the deliberations.

Officials said the troop deployment would be similar to deployments to the border ordered by former President Donald Trump. The troops would be armed for self-defense but would not assist with law enforcement.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has previously warned migrants that illegal entry into the U.S. "will result in removal." The Biden administration is encouraging migrants to use the CBP One app to schedule appointments at points of entry where their asylum claims can be processed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-considers-sending-1500-us-troops-border-ahead-lifting-title-42-sources
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Confirmed

Biden to send 1,500 troops to border ahead of expected migrant surge
by Brett Samuels   05/02/23 11:49 AM ET

The Biden administration is planning to send 1,500 active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border temporarily ahead of an expected surge in migrants, multiple unidentified sources told The Associated Press.

The announcement comes as Title 42, a policy that allows for the rapid expulsion of migrants at the border and blocks them from seeking asylum, is set to expire on May 11.

The service members are expected to be deployed to the border for up to 90 days, according to multiple reports, and they will not be performing law enforcement duties. Instead, they will play an administrative role to free up Border Patrol agents.

The White House, Pentagon and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to requests for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3983439-biden-expected-to-send-1500-troops-to-border-ahead-of-expected-migrant-surge/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
1500 against a million?

Shades of Rorke's Drift....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Not a damn thing has changed!!!!  ILLEGALS who are not deported are placed into immigration removal proceedings and released into the U.S. pending their hearings, which can take years to get through. 

-----------------------
Future Sign:

Welcome to the U.S.A. -- --- because of the millions that have poured across our borders we are now a 3rd world country and we are out of $$, goods, and services that you expected!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

This issue, amongst many others, is very much a negative for this administration. They want it to appear that they’re doing something about the border going into the 2024 election season.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This issue, amongst many others, is very much a negative for this administration. They want it to appear that they’re doing something about the border going into the 2024 election season.

I hope this weak showing bites  Sniffy Joe in the a$$.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley