Author Topic: Tell the Truth, CNN, Climate Change Not Pushing Species or Landscapes to the Brink  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tell the Truth, CNN, Climate Change Not Pushing Species or Landscapes to the Brink
By H. Sterling Burnett -April 25, 20230

Just in time for Earth Day, CNN published an interactive story claiming climate change was pushing various plant and animal species to the brink of extinction, and various landscapes to the brink of disappearing. An examination of some of those claims, citing hard data and peer reviewed research, shows that even when a decline is occurring as reported by CNN, there is no link between the loss of these species and places and climate change.

The CNN interactive story, “On the Brink,” examines 16 species or landscapes that the authors, Laura Paddison, Rachel Ramirez, Henrik Pettersson and Byron Manley, assert are being pushed to the brink of non-existence by climate change. For brevity’s sake, Climate Realism selected a few species and landscapes CNN claims are threatened with destruction for closer examination, finding that for some features, there is in fact no evidence they are decline. For others features, factors other than climate change are behind their decline. The latter point means, if their decline is to be reversed, steps rather than vainly attempting to control the climate, must be undertaken. Some of which can be relatively easily accomplished, some not.

CNN claims the arabica coffee bean faces significant decline due to climate change, yet geography and data tell a different story. Brazil is the largest producer of arabica beans. Geographically, Brazil lies along the equator, but temperatures along the equator are least effected by global warming.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/tell-the-truth-cnn-climate-change-not-pushing-species-or-landscapes-to-the-brink/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Communist News Network isn't capable of telling the truth.  They are the Chicken Little of TV news broadcasting. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson