Author Topic: Leak campaign against Tucker Carlson begins with a misfire that damages Fox, not Carlson By Thomas L  (Read 361 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 2, 2023
Leak campaign against Tucker Carlson begins with a misfire that damages Fox, not Carlson
By Thomas Lifson

A scorched earth campaign against Tucker Carlson has been anticipated, and the first leak of behind-the-scenes video has dropped, fed to Soros-funded Media Matters, which long has been trying to get both Carlson and Fox News silenced.

Someone with access to the video feed from Tucker Carlson’s home studios has leaked a video that they must have expected to be damaging to the former top-rated host, but which really damages the streaming video service, Fox Nation. If Carlson is to be blamed, it would be for being frank and honest in a private conversation.

Matt Gertz Media Matters writes:

Tucker Carlson headlined Fox News’ Fox Nation streaming service in the years leading up to his sudden firing from the network. But a behind-the-scenes video obtained by Media Matters shows him lashing out at Fox for the service’s “unbelievable” failings — apparently while doing some image rehab for misogynistic social media influencer Andrew Tate.

According to Carlson, “nobody watches Fox Nation because the site sucks” and doesn’t “work.” He called the site’s failings “a betrayal of our efforts,” adding that rather than posting his interviews there he would prefer to “dump the whole thing on YouTube.”

The video shows Carlson speaking on the phone on the set of his Tucker Carlson Today streaming interview show. He is discussing preparations for an interview in which he says he will act as “a representative of the American media now, speaking to an exile in Romania and welcoming him back into the brotherhood of journalists.” The person on the other end of the call asks if Carlson can wear a sweater for the interview because the subject was “panicking” about needing to wear a suit. Carlson becomes apoplectic, saying, “This is airing on the nighttime show, and I want it to look official” rather than “like bro talk.”

Wanting an interviewee to wear a suit doesn’t sound too scandalous to me, though hearing Tucker Carlson’s private critique of the IT on the Fox Nation streaming service is sort of titillating. But is it scandalous? Does it make Carlson sound dishonest? Quite the contrary, I think.

I have no way to know who leaked the video, but others have speculated that Fox News itself might resort to leaks that they think would damage Carlson. Especially now that we have learned he is still under contract and could be unable to appear elsewhere unless released, and he can be expected to seek an end to that status.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/leak_campaign_against_tucker_carlson_begins_with_a_misfire_that_damages_fox_not_carlson.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure, now. The 'leak' has become the new tool of yellow journalism.

Like the January 6 commission, showing bits and pieces of a much larger dataset, taken out of context, can appear damaging.

BTW, Tucker, screw YouTube (they censored Zelenko and many others trying to gt the word out on early treatment regimens for COVID, and helped kill thousands). Go to Rumble.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I saw the first salvo, and it had Tucker being totally pissed at Fox Nation for substandard platforming issues

Considering the time and effort it takes in production, I thought his anger was spot on, and measured.  If this is what Fox thinks is a leak to Damage TC, it had the effect of  tearing off a matress tag in shock value.   :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fox Nation just became CNN+
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Fox News shot their keonies off.  I know several people that indicated they will no longer watch Fox. I have priced streaming, and I can once again get OAN, and continue watching Newsmax, The First and others and never turn on Fox again, for a fraction of cable.  Screw cable!!!  Screw Fox News!!!  I hope they go under.