Author Topic: Manchin hints he might abandon Democrats ahead of 2024  (Read 330 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin hints he might abandon Democrats ahead of 2024
« on: May 02, 2023, 01:29:40 pm »
Manchin hints he might abandon Democrats ahead of 2024
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter |
May 02, 2023 08:54 AM

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is keeping his 2024 decision close to the vest. While many speculate he will run for reelection in the Senate, the centrist Democrat is stirring rumors that he may opt to run for the White House — on a third-party ticket.

Manchin is one of several centrist Democratic senators, such as Sens. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) and Jon Tester (D-MT), who often vote against or openly criticize policies championed by President Joe Biden and more left-leaning senators. He is known for working across the aisle to achieve bipartisanship on major matters, such as the Inflation Reduction Act.

Manchin has suggested in the past he could leave the Democratic Party. He said voters are "starving" for less partisanship in politics.

He said voters are sick of “this constant, daily routine of everyone’s against everybody and everybody’s fighting and arguing.”

“Let’s be for the country and get something done,” he said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/manchin-hints-might-abandon-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Manchin hints he might abandon Democrats ahead of 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 01:32:09 pm »
Lowlife Populist of the Day.....  It's become a disease.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:30 pm »
Who knew Joe was such a tease? You minx!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 02:22:45 pm »
What I've heard is he and Sinema are scared of being primaried.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 05:37:57 pm »
I will say that if there was ever a time for "centrists" to make their move for a third party option, it is right now.  Both Trump and Biden are very unpopular with general election voters.  I wouldn't be shocked to see it this time, and it could really throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 05:40:50 pm »
I will say that if there was ever a time for "centrists" to make their move for a third party option, it is right now.  Both Trump and Biden are very unpopular with general election voters.  I wouldn't be shocked to see it this time, and it could really throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

I'd love that. I've wanted to see an "1824-style" HoR runoff election my whole political life. Not even joking.