Author Topic: Judicial Watch and CatholicVote Sue FBI and Justice Department for Records of Targeting Catholics  (Read 160 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
APRIL 28, 2023
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Judicial Watch and CatholicVote Sue FBI and Justice Department for Records of Targeting Catholics

– Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit along with CatholicVote Civic Action against the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Department of Justice for records containing key words and records about an FBI intelligence memo targeting ‘radical traditionalist’ Catholics (CatholicVote Civic Action and Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Federal Bureau of Investigations and Department of Justice (No. 1:23-cv-01166)).

In February 2023, an FBI intelligence document was leaked that revealed FBI targeting ” of Catholics who adhere to traditional beliefs on abortion and other cultural issues. The Catholic News Agencyreported: “The leaked document has been condemned by several federal and state officials, as well as clergy, including Bishop Barry Knestout of the Diocese of Richmond, who recently called the memo a ‘threat to religious liberty.’”

On March 8, 2023, Judicial Watch and CatholicVote sent four FOIA requests to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI, a division of the Department of Justice) for:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/targeting-catholics/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Devout Catholics Report Suspicious Activity After Chris Wray’s FBI Targets Faithful Catholics for “Extremist Behavior”
by Jim Hoft
 May. 2, 2023 8:00 am
As Gateway Pundit reported in April, Chris Wray’s FBI is now infiltrating Catholic parishes.

The FBI agents are engaging in outreach to Catholic leaders to spy on Americans practicing their Christian faith.

This is an earth-shattering development in the US intelligence community.  We already knew the FBI-DOJ was targeting traditional Catholics.  Now we have evidence they are infiltrating Catholic parishes. ...

Now Catholic churchgoers are reporting suspicious activity at their parishes.

The Daily Signal reported:
    Two parishioners at a Latin Mass Catholic church in rural Northern Virginia say they witnessed suspicious activity from what looked like FBI vehicles in February, a month after the FBI’s Richmond office published a now-rescinded internal memo focused on “radical-traditional Catholics.”  ... The two witnesses told The Daily Signal that they saw two cars approach the church, drive through the parking lot as if they were writing down license plate numbers, and then leave, on two separate instances outside Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel in Linden, Virginia, some 63 miles west of Washington, D.C., between Feb. 12 and Feb. 26. (The memo had been published on Jan. 23 and rescinded on Feb. 9.)

“I saw a black Ford car with dark tinted windows and a knoblike antenna on the top,” one parishioner, who spoke on the condition on anonymity, told The Daily Signal. “It was driving very slowly by all the cars, and I could see a laptop in the center front.”

“I could not see the person inside, and no one ever got out,” the witness added. “They did leave as soon as they saw me looking at them.”...
Gateway Pundit

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org