Author Topic: Panel: California, a Free State, Owes Black Residents $1.2 Million Each in Reparations  (Read 482 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panel: California, a Free State, Owes Black Residents $1.2 Million Each in Reparations

Joel B. Pollak 2 May 2023

California’s official reparations task force has estimated that black residents of the state are owed $1.2 million each in compensation for the legacy of slavery, even though the state entered the Union as a free state in 1850.

The committee, signed into law by Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) during the height of the Black Lives Matter panic in 2020, released an interim report last year backing reparations and proposing separate black schools, among other proposals. Though it narrowly decided that only those black residents who could trace their roots to Southern slaves should be eligible for reparations, it has determined that all black residents continue to suffer.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports:

Economists advising California’s task force on reparations have, at long last, released an estimate of the damages caused by the state’s history of slavery and its many vestiges of white supremacy: up to $1.2 million per Black resident over a lifetime.

…

Lawmakers and Newsom created the task force in 2020 and directed its members to study the history of slavery in California and its enduring inequities for Black people. While the Golden State was admitted to the Union as a “free state” in 1850, historians say slavery continued to be openly practiced for years by white Southerners, who brought enslaved people to the state and forced them to work in gold mines and on plantations.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/02/panel-california-a-free-state-owes-black-residents-1-2-million-each-in-reparations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If they want reparations let them get them from the Africans that sold them into slavery in the first place.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We should pass an "ERA" for race that would forbid this as well as affirmative action etc.

Offline LMAO

What happens when the black residents of California don’t get their millions????

The Democrats are playing a very dangerous game here just for a short term political gain.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy