Author Topic: Adams plays race card, accuses Abbott of hurting ‘Black-run cities’ with migrant buses  (Read 540 times)

Offline Kamaji

Adams plays race card, accuses Abbott of hurting ‘Black-run cities’ with migrant buses

By Bernadette Hogan, MaryAnn Martinez and Jesse O’Neill
May 1, 2023

Mayor Eric Adams on Monday played the race card against Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, claiming the GOP pol has been busing thousands of migrants to the Big Apple and elsewhere to “hurt Black-run cities.”

Adams made the explosive claim in a seething statement — even though a Texas Democratic mayor of Mexican descent has shipped more than twice the number of migrants both to New York City and Chicago.

Hizzoner suggested that Abbott had recently backed off continuing to send busloads of illegal migrants-turned-asylum seekers to New York City, only to plan to ramp up the “morally bankrupt” program again.

“This weekend, we learned that Governor Abbott is once again deciding to play politics with people’s lives by resuming the busing of asylum seekers to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, and Washington, D.C.,” the black Democratic mayor wrote in a press release.

“Not only is this behavior morally bankrupt and devoid of any concern for the well-being of asylum seekers, but it is also impossible to ignore the fact that Abbott is now targeting five cities run by Black mayors.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/eric-adams-accuses-greg-abbott-of-racism-over-migrant-busing/

Offline Kamaji

When you're morally bankrupt, pull out the Race Card(tm).

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Okay Eric, which part of the definition of "sanctuary" of "sancutary city" do you not understand. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

When you're morally bankrupt, pull out the Race Card(tm).

It’s the last refuge of the scoundrels
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Adams plays race black supremacy card, accuses Abbott of hurting ‘Black-run cities’ with migrant buses

Fixed for improved accuarcy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah,just like it is even possible to hurt "black run cities" any more than the blacks running them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ANYWHERE BUT HERE: Adams Says We Have '108,000' Other Places to Send Migrants [WATCH]
posted by Hannity Staff - 5.22.23

During an appearance on Face The Nation over the weekend, New York City Mayor Eric Adams pitched the idea of having the federal government direct migrants to more New York State counties and more places all over the country to relieve an over-burdened NYC.

“We have 108,000 cities, villages, towns,” Adams said. “If everyone takes a small portion of that, and if it’s coordinated at the border, to ensure that those who are coming here to this country in a lawful manner is actually moved throughout the entire country, it is not a burden on one city.”

Adams says NYC has taken in more than 70,000 migrants — and cares for approximately 42,000.

The Big Apple mayor attempted to bus migrants out of the city to Rockland County as part of his “decompression strategy” but was quickly sued county leaders.

“This is a home rule state and New York City does not have the authority over this County or Town to volunteer us for placement, especially when we are telling them we do not have the infrastructure to help,” Rockland County Executive Ed Day said.

When asked by host Margaret Brennan about this practice, Adams said “the entire state should participate in a decompression strategy, and it’s unfortunate that there has- there have been some lawmakers and counties that are not carrying on their role of ensuring that this is a decompression strategy throughout the state.”

Watch the clip above.

https://hannity.com/media-room/anywhere-but-here-adams-says-we-have-108000-other-places-to-send-migrants-watch/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Dear red states:  don't give in!  Blue-state virtue signaling should hurt.  Keep making them squeal until they stop supporting democrats and left-wing immigration policies.