Only in 16
1 (3.2%)
Only in 20
11 (35.5%)
Never
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 31, 2023, 08:33:58 pm

Author Topic: Have you ever voted for Trump?  (Read 2529 times)

Online corbe

Have you ever voted for Trump?
« on: May 01, 2023, 08:33:58 pm »
  I have no option of seeing how anyone votes on these polls, your vote is confidential, be honest, leave a comment if you prefer.
  If I'm not too stoned, there are only 3 Active Briefers that could pull the 'Never' lever, but I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Re: Have you ever voted for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 08:53:01 pm »
I reluctantly voted for Trump in '16 and willingly in '20 as I felt he had this country pulled in a positive direction.

He will not receive another vote from me.  Notta.  Just not going to happen. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 09:36:15 pm »
   Voting for the Lesser of Evils, as Americans have become accustomed to, is wearing really thin. 
   I just got involved in the local race for Mayor, to TRY and make a Difference.

....I had given up on that balmy May night in Indiana 7 years ago when Cruz knew he could not overcome Trump's EC Vote.   

Genuine Conservative up against a CofC candidate (bought and paid for).
   The polls look horrid but I'm gonna march on and try to Elect Michael French.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 09:39:52 pm »
   The Felons on TBR have obviously voted.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 09:42:28 pm »
Perhaps some Briefers are afraid to admit that they voted for him??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 09:48:13 pm »
I voted for Trump in 2016 GOP Primary and 2016 General Election.

I don't regret my choice.  At the time, in 2016, Trump was the best choice for me.

Trump went off the rails during the Summer of Covid in 2020.

2017-2019 was opportunity wasted by Repubs in Congress.  Trump would have signed any bill GOP House and GOP Senate sent his way.  The Congressional Republicans could not even pass an infrastructure bill.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 10:31:02 pm »
Perhaps some Briefers are afraid to admit that they voted for him??

To wit my disclosure statement in the opening post. 

BE Honest.  You don't have to expose yourself, unless you want to talk about your phobias. 
   I'm just trying to get a gauge on Briefers before the Political season even warms up, other than US junkies.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 10:41:09 pm »
I voted for him in both of the generals. Not happy...but the alternative was just too darn crappy.

This time? He's acting like a maniac.* I really think a win for Trump this time would be a chance for him to retaliate against people...and not much permanently done for the country.

* Hey...I think I'll tick off most of Florida. And all the other conservatives in other states. I don't need 'em. Let's face it, if I shoot somebody on 5th Ave yada, yada, yada.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023, 11:57:31 pm »
Voted for him in '20, but now regret it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 03:25:59 pm »
In 2015? when he rode down the escalator and announced he was running for POTUS, I sat and watched it live, and said 'what a clown'.  I did not have any confidence in him at that moment.  But in the ensuing weeks, he put forth what I consider one of the best platforms I have seen in my life, one which for the first time in my life appeared to represent the citizens of the USA.  At that moment, I embraced whole heartedly, and I wrote to the Trump campaign offering to volunteer three times, and never got a single response.

I worked hard to convince many in 2016 to vote for Trump, and convinced them.  Hundreds of folks.  For the first time in a long time, I was excited to see someone offering to represent the USA citizens.  Truly novel concept.

About six months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs that run America, and he emerged increasing the H1-b Visa numbers.  This was a HUGE violation of his promises, promises NOT KEPT!!!  I wrote the b*st*rd about three times a week hence informing him if he did not rectify this AW-SH*T, he would lose in 2020.  He did nothing of course.  For the record, Trump promised repeatedly that DAY ONE he would end the H1-b Visa Program, which is displacing 1.6 million Americans from highly compensated white collar jobs with largely folks from India receiving half salary and no benefits.  .

I reluctantly voted for him in 2020, I did not encourage anyone to vote for him in 2020.

I will not vote for Trump in the primary.  In the general, that is a different story.  How can anyone sane vote for Biden?  Literally!  Or for that matter, any of the Democommies all of whom I consider having gone what was considered communist in 1960.  These stinking Democommies are more concerned about placating illegal invading aliens, China, India, and even the insanity taking place in Europe.

Ukraine was NEVER an allies of the USA.  NOT EVER!  They were a member of the USSR, and since they have been one of the countries that once separated from the USSR chose not to become a part of NATO.  If they wanted to be a part of NATO, they would have like Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, along with a half dozen former iron curtain nations. 

I was on a system development project for Medicaid, and we had about 35 folks doing programming in Ukraine that we brought to the USA for a requirements review for six weeks, and in speaking with several of them back in 2014, they all said they did not want to be part of Russia, and they did not want to be part of NATO, they just wanted to go it alone.

I do not see the USA pouring its treasury into this country as a good thing.  And the potential for all out global war, and the great possibility of nuclear arms usage is just not worth the risk.  We as a nation should be forcing a negotiated peace. 

Back to Trump, beside FAILING TO KEEP KEY PROMISES, he went off the rails with his full 100% support for a genocidal maniac named Anthony Fauci.  As the truth comes out, it will become accepted that perhaps millions in the world died that did not have to, and Fauci is largely responsible for that.  And any well informed person knew this at the time.  The failure of Trump to jettison this maggot makes him totally undesirable as POTUS. 

Trump's inability to work with others, which is really required for government to function properly also makes him a poor candidate.  We will just get more of the same where BOTH STINKING PARTIES will defy anything he wants, and his only ability to do anything is via executive order, all of which can be undone in one week's time as evidenced by what Biden did in his first days in office. 

I do not want to live listening to news of nothing but Trump for four years. He is exhausting.  Whoever is the Democommie in 2024 will win, regardless who it is if Trump is the GOP candidate.  It is my belief these folks are intentionally destroying the nation.  We have Chauncey Gardiner as POTUS today.  Who ever thought the words at the end of the movie Being There would be manifested in reality!  For those of you that saw that movie, one of my favorite comedies, you will understand.  And if you saw it and do not understand, watch the movie and turn the volume up on your TV all the way to hear what is being said by the men carrying the wealthy dude to his grave.  They discuss dumping the current POTUS (Jack Warden) and running with Chauncey Gardiner for POTUS in the next election. A total idiot.  And yes, that is what we have now.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 03:56:07 pm »
Not in 2016, but yes in 2020.  I would sooner vote for Biden at this point.   At least his Easter message was sane.  Hopefully the libertarians will nominate somebody I can stand, or I will just write someone in.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 03:57:16 pm »
Not in 2016, but yes in 2020.  I would sooner vote for Biden at this point.   At least his Easter message was sane.  Hopefully the libertarians will nominate somebody I can stand, or I will just write someone in.

Please don't vote for Biden, whatever else you do!  Please write someone else in - yourself if nobody else appeals - and please, please, please vote downballot!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 04:21:48 pm »
Please don't vote for Biden, whatever else you do!  Please write someone else in - yourself if nobody else appeals - and please, please, please vote downballot!

For state representatives, maybe.  If Florida is marginal (and it may be), Trump ain't getting 200 EVs.  I do not trust Rick Scott or Anna Paulina Luna to deal with Trump, should he manage to back into first place.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 05:01:05 pm »

Trump went off the rails during the Summer of Covid in 2020.

Your governor went off the rails from Mar 2020 through Aug 2021 when all restrictions were lifted.

https://www.seyfarth.com/news-insights/massachusetts-signals-end-date-to-covid-19-restrictions.html

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 06:58:27 pm »

Exactly. There needs to be a pretty strong buffer against a Biden second term. And Democrats have more seats than Republicans to defend in the Senate for the 2024 election cycle so it’s a possibility GOP could take the Senate

I voted Trump in 2020 but not in 2016. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and maybe I’ll write him in for 2024. Or I’ll just write in Barry Goldwater… Lol.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 07:17:57 pm »
2020 and 2016 General yes.

I thought in 2016 that him winning the primary had sunk the party. I went to bed on election night figuring that Hillary would come from behind and it never happened.

After I voted him in in 2016 in the  I was worried, thought maybe he actually was a white supremacist, dictator wannabe. This was basically right after he was elected. As time went on, I thought the same thing until early 2020, when my view of him softened and I was thinking to myself, he actually is doing a good job. Then COVID hit, and I felt he made a bunch of errors during that time.

What changed my tune was in 2020 we had the George Floyd riots. Not only was the mob burning down everything it could, they were seizing our history and destroying it, not just confederate history too. And people were being fired from work because they accidently made an "ok" sign with their hands while their truck was idling.

The only person who had the courage to speak the truth, as I saw, was Donald Trump. Everyone else was a gutless politician, or soft turd.

I knew Trump's election was in trouble when I saw some focus group talking about Covid and they basically all blamed him for it, "millions died" etc. And then Trump had the election and lost, I wholeheartedly voted for him.

I was not one of the ones that thought it was stolen. His behavior during and after that was a mistake and was a scary time, because I had voted for him twice I thought perhaps we really were leading into a Civil War or dictatorship. J6 was pretty disheartening because it "muddied the waters" and now it wasn't just left wingers who were violent rioters, but also people on the right (at least from appearances).

Since the farce of the J6 hearings, wokeness, trans-everything, I'm pretty much in "burn it down" mode now. I don't care who runs against Biden, as long as it's either Desantis or Trump. I think Desantis does have a better shot of winning, and Democrats perhaps hate him as much as Trump.

Trump is the devil I know at this point, hell so is Biden (whom I despise) and Desantis (who is awesome IMO). Probably, I see myself voting Trump for a third time unless something major happens.

Part of me thinks we need a good Civil War to take out the trash and start over again. 10 years ago I'd have never said something like that.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 08:06:00 pm »
  If I'm not too stoned, there are only 3 Active Briefers that could pull the 'Never' lever, but I could be wrong.

I guess it is obvious I am one of the few... would never vote for a democrat of course. Par for course, few of my choices win now days. I don't suffer Rinos, and it gets kind of lonely on the day after election. But plausible deniability is fully intact... well I did vote for Bush I and Bush II which I regret. My first election pull was for Reagan (long gone days I remember fondly). I have voted Alan Keyes, Duncan Hunter to no avail. I want a conservative, and these jokes thrown up lately just turn my stomach.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:12:00 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2023, 08:10:36 pm »
   Be Honest @Sighlass Your State doesn't allow Convicted Felons to Vote.  :smokin:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2023, 08:14:21 pm »
   Be Honest @Sighlass Your State doesn't allow Convicted Felons to Vote.  :smokin:

Not yet, but liberals have allowed some minor ones to vote of late. I might have to commit a serious felon just to keep from losing every year. :beer:  Lord knows I have some disturbing thoughts at night about doing it. (Opps did I say that out loud?)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:16:39 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 08:16:56 pm »
I voted for Trump once in 20. I'm voting for him 12 times in 24.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2023, 01:47:16 am »
I reluctantly voted for Trump in '16 and willingly in '20 as I felt he had this country pulled in a positive direction.

He will not receive another vote from me.  Notta.  Just not going to happen.
happy77

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2023, 03:17:57 am »
My first election pull was for Reagan (long gone days I remember fondly). I have voted Alan Keyes, Duncan Hunter to no avail. I want a conservative, and these jokes thrown up lately just turn my stomach.

Similar.  Reagan was my first vote in '84.  Gave money to Kemp in '88 and voted for him in the primary.  Voted for Ron Paul in the general.  Could not vote for Bush Sr. - the anti-Reagan.  Voted Libertarian again in '92.

Voted for Keyes in the '96 and '00 GOP primaries.  Went with Dole in '96 only because of Kemp as VP.  Voted Bush Jr. in 2000 and 2004 without regrets.  Since then, it's been a complete crap show.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2023, 06:05:06 am »
Similar.  Reagan was my first vote in '84.  Gave money to Kemp in '88 and voted for him in the primary.  Voted for Ron Paul in the general.  Could not vote for Bush Sr. - the anti-Reagan.  Voted Libertarian again in '92.

Voted for Keyes in the '96 and '00 GOP primaries.  Went with Dole in '96 only because of Kemp as VP.  Voted Bush Jr. in 2000 and 2004 without regrets.  Since then, it's been a complete crap show.

Me too. Reagan, Reagan, GHWB (but listened HARD to Paul... That was my halcion days of faith in the big Rhinestone R, and listening to Rush), Dole...

I DO believe I went Keyes - I did not like Dubya... Because of his Daddy. Don't remember if Keyes made the general ballot, and I may have written him in. What a fantastic orator.  Voted Dubya II strictly for the war and hated every minute of it... By now I had *no* faith left in the big rhinestone R. Abstained McAin't and Romulus... Would have voted Cruz. Will vote DeSantis.

As for Tump...
Never had it, never will.