Author Topic: Horowitz: Florida and Texas immigration bills are the only solution to the border invasion  (Read 181 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Horowitz: Florida and Texas immigration bills are the only solution to the border invasion

During oral arguments in Arizona v. U.S. (2012), Justice Scalia asked, "What does sovereignty mean if it does not include the ability to defend your borders?" In that context, he wasn’t referring to the federal government, but to state sovereignty. Now, Gov. Ron DeSantis is testing his theory and challenging the court’s erroneous ruling in that case by pushing legislation directly enabling the state to enforce parts of immigration law pertaining to state sovereignty. With a corrupt federal government causing 6 million apprehensions and nearly 2 million gotaways since 2021, the only way to stem this unsustainable invasion is for red states to cut off the magnets.

The Florida legislature is moving to pass a bill that will finally defend state sovereignty from the invasion. It would require public and private employers with more than 25 workers to check legal status of prospective workers through the E-Verify system. All employers will be on the hook for losing their business licenses for hiring illegal aliens. ...........

..................Unlike some other red states that officially require E-Verify, this one would come with enforcement mechanisms to create the deterrent that is clearly lacking in the other states. Under SB 1718, which passed the Senate 27-10 on Friday, the Department of Economic Opportunity would be empowered to fine an employer $1,000 per day per illegal alien until the infraction is resolved. Employers would also face suspension of their business license. Most Republican governors turn a blind eye to the big agriculture companies trafficking in slave labor and do not enforce these employment laws. The expectations of the DeSantis administration are obviously very different.

Furthermore, SB 1718 places Florida squarely in charge of enforcing its sovereignty, something states have shied away from for years. The bill provides another $12 million in funding to remove illegal aliens from the state in a similar vein to the way the governor flew a planeload of illegal aliens last year to Martha’s Vineyard. Most importantly, the bill makes it a felony to transport illegal aliens to the state. Additionally, the bill enhances human smuggling penalties for those smuggling a minor, more than five people, or when the defendant has a prior conviction for human smuggling.

In other words, it finally makes illegal immigration illegal. No benefits, no transportation, no indulgence. ..............

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-florida-and-texas-immigration-bills-are-the-only-solution-to-the-border-invasion
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

Unless the Feds slap it down i.e. Arizona.

It makes my head explode. And these sanctuary cities that are screaming can go take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... just keep putting the illegal immigrants on buses to someplace else ... bus fare is cheaper than housing, education, food, clothing, healthcare costs.

If the 2024 DNC Convention is to be in Chicago, send them there.

When the 2004 DNC Convention was in Boston, all the homeless disappeared from the streets for a few weeks.  Once the Convention was over, they returned ... I started seeing familiar faces panhandling outside Starbuck's again.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright