Author Topic: BREAKING: DeSantis Prepares To Sign Bill Allowing Him Run For President While Remaining Governor  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: DeSantis Prepares To Sign Bill Allowing Him Run For President While Remaining Governor
By Chris April 28, 2023Updated:April 28, 2023

The Florida House passed a bill on Friday with a 76-34 vote that would permit the state leader to run for the presidency without stepping down from their current position.

The bill’s approval comes only a few days after it was passed in the state Senate by a vote of 28 to 12. The bill is now on its way to Governor Ron DeSantis’ desk for approval.

The timing of the bill’s approval and Governor DeSantis’ potential presidential announcement adds to the uniqueness of the situation.

“We in this body are doing the governor’s bidding,” Democrat Rep. Angela Nixon, said. “He needs to resign to run if he wants to run for president, period. Last time I checked, being governor is a full-time job. Running for president takes a lot of work.”

Republican Lawrence McClure stated, “Florida has been a model of election integrity and efficiency, but there’s always room for improvement. This bill seeks to continue Florida success in these areas by streamlining certain provisions of the Florida election code, while ensuring bad actors are held accountable.”

more
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/breaking-desantis-prepares-to-sign-bill-allowing-him-run-for-president-while-remaining-governor-mace/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trumpty Dumpty Mean Tweet in 5-4-3-2-1!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Trumpty Dumpty Mean Tweet in 5-4-3-2-1!

Trump will now self-destruct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman "just about all the way there" prediction:

Ron DeSantis isn't going to be president in 2025.

And before you go lambasting me for "attacking" him, if he's on the ballot in November 2024 I WILL vote for him. If I'm still around to do so.

But...  he's still not going to be president on January 20, 2025.