Author Topic: Was it the most successful boycott in history? Bud Light sales plummet 26%, company SILENCES dissent  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Was it the most successful boycott in history? Bud Light sales plummet 26%, company SILENCES dissent
May 2, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

The plummeting decline of Bud Light amid unrelenting backlash for its transgender sponsorship has the bestselling beer in America on track to be dethroned by year’s end: “We’ve never seen such a dramatic shift…in such a short period of time.”

A month after the InBev-owned Anheuser-Busch brand premiered its partnership with TikToker Dylan Mulvaney, attempts to stem the boycott bleeding have been unable to repair the damage. Speaking with the St. Louis Dispatch, beverage industry consultant Bump Williams outlined just how severe the reported 26 percent drop in sales for the week ending April 22 truly was.

The figure compared to the same week the year prior showed a continuing trend after Bud Light sales had dropped from 11 to 21 percent in the weeks before. Williams, the founder, president and CEO of Bump Williams Consulting, detailed that in 2022 Anheuser-Busch had sold more than $4.8 billion worth of Bud Light in stores, beating closest competitors Modelo Especial and Michelob Ultra at $3.75 and $3.3 billion respectively, by more than a billion dollars.

However, if they can’t turn things around, he expressed, “then Bud Light is in serious trouble this year. And I think it runs the risk of losing that No. 1 position at the end of calendar year 2023 to Modelo Especial.” :03:

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/05/02/was-it-the-most-successful-boycott-in-history-bud-light-sales-plummet-26-company-silences-dissent-1355272/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

The particular brand/product may be in trouble, but the company's stock doesn't appear to be showing much impact from this boycott of a single product.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not sure but I thought I read Inbev owns a 50% share of the company that brews Modelo Especial.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I know the jury is still out, but after 6 days of Kilmeade/Jones, Fox's market share at Tucker's old time slot has dropped 56%, at least referencing this article.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/fox-ratings-tumble-tucker-carlson-slot-after-firing-98922086
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The particular brand/product may be in trouble, but the company's stock doesn't appear to be showing much impact from this boycott of a single product.

Still, the signaling that people are sick of the woke/ trans agenda is encouraging.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

Still, the signaling that people are sick of the woke/ trans agenda is encouraging.

True enough.  But the PtB may see it as a long-term goal of wearing down that resistance through repeated exposure, even though in the early periods, certain brands will be damaged as a result.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
True enough.  But the PtB may see it as a long-term goal of wearing down that resistance through repeated exposure, even though in the early periods, certain brands will be damaged as a result.
Well, then we just have to make sure we damage them all. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Not sure but I thought I read Inbev owns a 50% share of the company that brews Modelo Especial.
InBev owns a lot of brands; Modelo Especial is one of them. Others: Aguila, Beck's, Brahma, Budweiser, Cass, Castle, Corona, Harbin, Hoegaarden, Jupiter, Leffe, Michelob Ultra, Quilmes, Skol and (*sob!*) Stella Artois.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

LOUD AND CLEAR.

Online roamer_1

That is not necessarily so... Giving away a quarter of the best selling beer in America is bound to hurt..

And it is a direct giving away... The loss is almost perfectly transmitted as gain to Molson/Coors/Miller.

And it ain't done yet.

Offline berdie

Even if not the most successful...it was without a doubt the one that made me laugh the loudest. And gave me the most satisfaction.

Talk about misreading their customer base. :laugh:

Online mountaineer

Even if not the most successful...it was without a doubt the one that made me laugh the loudest. And gave me the most satisfaction.

Talk about misreading their customer base. :laugh:
I quite agree.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org