Author Topic: Will Republicans really pick the one candidate Biden can beat?  (Read 440 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 washingtonexaminer.com

Will Republicans really pick the one candidate Biden can beat?
Dan Hannan

The Democrats have left the goal wide open. Almost anyone could defeat President Joe Biden, whose physical and mental decline can no longer be hidden from the public.

Almost anyone.

Yet, with a kind of hideous slow-motion inevitability, the Republicans seem determined to pick the one candidate that we know Biden can beat. We can say that definitively, for it is a matter of observed fact rather than conjecture.

It is agonizing for friends of the United States to watch the two parties, in the grip of their weird internal dynamics, plumping for candidates whom they know in their souls to be unsuitable.

Biden’s problem is not his age per se. Winston Churchill was 65 when he formed his first ministry in 1940. The problem is that Biden is visibly deteriorating, shuffling limply, mumbling incoherently, often forgetting where he is. In this sense, he is more like Churchill during his second ministry, formed in 1951 when the great man was 76 and sinking into senility.

Even committed Democrats can see it. “Questions will persist about his age until he does more to assure voters that he is up to the job,” said the New York Times just before the announcement, the closest that paper could realistically get to telling him to back off. “If he runs again, Mr. Biden will need to provide explicit reassurance to voters; many of them have seen family members decline rapidly in their 80s.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/will-republicans-really-pick-the-one-candidate-biden-can-beat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Will Republicans really pick the one candidate Biden can beat?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:30:41 pm »
It doesn't matter if elections remained rigged like 2020 and 2022.  No changes in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 07:46:14 pm »
The exact moment Trump realizes that conservatives have noticed his comments about Freedom Cities, Baby Bonuses, and Jetson Cars......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 08:22:47 pm »
The exact moment Trump realizes that conservatives have noticed his comments about Freedom Cities, Baby Bonuses, and Jetson Cars......

It’s not just those things that are laughable. It’s his absolute refusal to even acknowledge that there’s a debt problem, and it needs to be dealt with before it eats us up.

He made some ridiculous statements in 2016 like he would pay it off in eight years, which I would not expect anybody to do. But at least then he recognized it was a problem.

A week ago I would’ve said absolutely Donald Trump will be the nominee. But looking at past primaries, I’m not willing to bet that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 08:23:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
It doesn't matter if elections remained rigged like 2020 and 2022.  No changes in AZ.

:yowsa: And the only changes in the other places where the thievery occurred will make it even easier for them to cheat.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 08:42:53 pm »
   Face it, pelousy and Chuckie with some Covid spinkles on top, made him a lame duck 2 years before they stole the election out from under his dumbazz. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 10:40:40 pm »
Until you can make Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia "competitive" again  (by exposing and dismantling The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus), there is NO Republican candidate that has a chance.

Control the above states, and you control the Electoral College.
Control the Electoral College, and (of course) you control the election.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 12:59:19 pm »
Will they?  Most likely.  Why?  Because he says mean things about the dems and gets them all wound up, even though he never manages to do anything useful with that accomplishment.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 07:34:33 am »
I say Biden withdraws as a candidate because of the dirt finally being ACKNOWLEDGED by folks.  It's like the Titanic (watching the movie right now).  Biden's ship has finally been creased by the iceberg, and water is starting to pour in.  He bails by this time next year, and Newson, the idiot in Michigan or Michele steps in to save the day.

On the Republican side, Trump takes the primary and loses the general.  He will have both parties actively working against him.  And yes, they will fix whatever is necessary to win the election once more.  The arrogance of most Americans will remain the same, and they will believe there is no cheating, just like there was no cheating to elect JFK.