Author Topic: Longtime Senate Democrat Ben Cardin won't seek re-election  (Read 130 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 1, 2023 12:22pm EDT
Longtime Senate Democrat Ben Cardin won't seek re-election
79-year-old Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Maryland, won't see re-election

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Longtime Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin reportedly said he won't seek re-election, clearing a path for a new face to join the Senate.

"It’s time," Cardin, 79, told The Baltimore Sun in an interview at his Pikesville home. "I always knew this election cycle would be the one I would be thinking about not running again, so it’s not something that hit me by surprise. I enjoy life. There are other things I can do."

"Democrats are quickly realizing that the Senate won't be any fun for them when Republicans retake the majority in 2024," National Republican Senatorial Committee spokesperson, Tate Mitchell, told Fox News.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/longtime-senate-democrat-ben-cardin-wont-seek-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Longtime Senate Democrat Ben Cardin won't seek re-election
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 04:44:02 pm »
Fishy prognostication?  A lefty soon to be replaced by an ultra lefty. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Re: Longtime Senate Democrat Ben Cardin won't seek re-election
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 05:30:00 pm »
  A lefty soon to be replaced by an ultra lefty.

It’s Maryland

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy