Author Topic: Nearly 700 Professors Protest a Bill Requiring Students to Study the Constitution  (Read 587 times)

Offline Kamaji

Nearly 700 Professors Protest a Bill Requiring Students to Study the Constitution

By Alex Parker
April 30, 2023

Is it a good idea for college students to understand the Constitution? Not necessarily, according to an alliance of academics.

The North Carolina state legislature has proposed a bill mandating that major government documents be studied by secondary education students.

Seem reasonable? It’s doesn’t to 676 University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill instructors, all of whom signed a letter posted to school paper The Daily Tar Heel. Per the missive, teachers “are alarmed by the interference and overreach of the North Carolina legislature, the UNC System Board of Governors, and the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees.” Passage of the bill, they say, will “further damage the reputation of UNC and the state of North Carolina.”

Source:  https://redstate.com/alexparker/2023/04/30/nearly-700-professors-protest-a-bill-requiring-students-to-study-the-constitution-n739144

Offline Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The way I see it,these idiots just compiled and posted a list of 700 communist agents who had been passing themselves off as educators,NOT endorcrinators,and made the public aware of 700 totalarians that needed to be fired and taken off the taxpayers backs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

They are just asking that the students study the Constitution, not to agree with it nor to defend it.

Where's the harm in the educators explaining to the students how the US Constitution is an outdated relic of Western European Heterosexual Christian White Male Hegemonic Supremacy to the impressionable minds of future generations?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
////00000////

They are just asking that the students study the Constitution, not to agree with it nor to defend it.

Where's the harm in the educators explaining to the students how the US Constitution is an outdated relic of Western European Heterosexual Christian White Male Hegemonic Supremacy to the impressionable minds of future generations?

@DefiantMassRINO

Uhhhhh..........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure that they would have had no problem if it was instead the communist manifesto or Mao's little red book.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
From what I've seen, do they even teach 10th Grade Civics anymore?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From what I've seen, do they even teach 10th Grade Civics anymore?
I think it was replaced by something called "Government" long ago.

IMHO, all students should be required to study US History, and especially the Declaration of Independence, Constitution (with amendments), the Federalist and Anti-Federalist, for starters.
Without any idea what the Founders were trying to do, and their motivation (and not inconsiderable risk) in doing so, their sacrifice, people will not have a clue what their Government is supposed to (and NOT supposed to) do--nor what their Rights really are.

Of course, the Communists and Globalists and other Totalitarians in Academia and the Teacher's unions would revolt against such a concept. Mass ignorance serves their goals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis