Author Topic: They Lied: Biden Expands Obamacare to Illegal Aliens  (Read 454 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They Lied: Biden Expands Obamacare to Illegal Aliens
« on: April 30, 2023, 10:17:54 pm »
They Lied: Biden Expands Obamacare to Illegal Aliens
Commentary
April 28, 2023

By Dale Wilcox

More than a decade after the Obama Administration promised that the Affordable Care Act would not cover illegal aliens, Joe Biden has declared that he is expanding the program to do exactly that.

Biden announced earlier this month that he plans to expand Medicare and Obamacare to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients, making roughly 700,000 illegal aliens eligible for government-funded healthcare benefits. The move is a major departure from promises made nearly 15 years ago by former President Barack Obama that his signature program would not apply to illegal aliens.

“There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants,” Obama told Congress in 2009. “This too is false. The reforms I am proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.”

Obama’s comments were immediately met with a thunderous rebuke from South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson, who shouted “you lie!” at the then-president. The breach of decorum led to outrage in the media, and Wilson ultimately apologized. Yet, almost a decade and a half later, Wilson’s outburst has been vindicated.

https://irli.org/they-lied-biden-expands-obamacare-to-illegal-aliens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: They Lied: Biden Expands Obamacare to Illegal Aliens
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 11:30:33 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 11:48:37 pm »
Why is anyone surprised?

Illegal aliens are their new voter base.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 12:41:37 am »
Why is anyone surprised?

Illegal aliens are their new voter base.

No I'm not surprised, but where in the heck is the GOP??  They should be screaming foul, yet I hear no opposition.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 03:46:08 am »
No I'm not surprised, but where in the heck is the GOP??  They should be screaming foul, yet I hear no opposition.

@libertybele

For the most part,the GOP LOVES this stuff because they get to beg for donations to stop it,and votes to keep them in office so they can fight it.

The Dims and the alleged Republicans are the Ying and Yang of evil.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!