Author Topic: Gas leaf blowers and lawn mowers are shockingly bad for the planet. Bans are beginning to spread.  (Read 335 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Gas leaf blowers and lawn mowers are shockingly bad for the planet. Bans are beginning to spread.
Story by Trevor Hughes, USA TODAY • 1h ago

DENVER – Your lawn may be the next climate change battleground. And parks. And playgrounds.

Regulators and clean-air advocates are increasingly eyeing the pollution emitted by small gasoline engines used to power lawn mowers and leaf blowers as they seek to blunt climate change. Advocates say using a commercial gas leaf blower for an hour produces emissions equal to driving from Denver to Los Angeles.

Among cities and states with bans or limits: California; Burlington, Vermont; Vancouver, Canada; and Washington, D.C.

While many critics first attacked the small engines for the noise they make, experts say these small two-stroke engines release shockingly large amounts of pollution – two problems that modern and increasingly affordable electric-powered equipment solves.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gas-leaf-blowers-and-lawn-mowers-are-shockingly-bad-for-the-planet-bans-are-beginning-to-spread/ar-AA1ay8li?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=95b6fc8e807c461cf9ca3db49e45b993&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But snow blowers are okay?  Hmmm. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ranger asks:
"But snow blowers are okay?"

I wonder if the ban on small gas engines up in Burlington, VT also applies to snow throwers? My hunch is that they excepted those.

Burlington's up north in VT, and without snow throwers folks are gonna be shoveling A LOT of snow in winter -- certainly enough to be life-threatening to some older folks...

Offline mountaineer

So we're supposed to get sheep to keep our lawns in check? Where the heck am I to put them, in the guest bedroom?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

So we're supposed to get sheep to keep our lawns in check? Where the heck am I to put them, in the guest bedroom?

Which would be better, sheep or goats?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

The Left will pick off all internal combustion engines one by one. It’s how they operate with anything on their agenda.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:16:11 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Screw going Electric.  Instead of growing grass I'll grow grass.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Which would be better, sheep or goats??

Sheep. The only way to keep goats in a pen is if it is water tight.