Author Topic: Today's Toons 5/1/23  (Read 3868 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 5/1/23
« on: May 01, 2023, 08:15:46 am »

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter P:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Democrats tab Chicago to host the 2024 Convention. How dangerous is that? In Chicago Covid actually lowered the death rate.

You're a media hero if you leaked classified information that we're losing in Vietnam to make Nixon look bad, but if you leak classified information that we're losing in Ukraine you could get 20 years in federal prison for making Biden look bad.

Newsom vowed to fill Dianne's seat with a black female. If Schiff wants that Senate seat he'd better start identifying as a black female.

President Zelinsky thinks he can defeat Russia, which incidentally, is something Napoleon and Hitler couldn't do. For crying out loud, he's a stand-up comedian. The only thing Zelensky can do that Napoleon and Hitler could do is kill a crowd.

Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg gave a speech in which he blamed racist roads for the higher percentage of minority car wrecks and pedestrian injuries. He's the first Democrat to accuse roads of being racist. Well glory be, at last they can sue something for reparations that's not my asphalt.

The FBI and the Department of Defense was able to go through the entire nation's records to track down the leaker of the Pentagon's secrets. But these files aren't the ones we were hoping to see. The only truly secure secret file in the U.S. government that'll never get hacked is the Epstein Client List.

The Democratic National Committee announced it selected Chicago as the host city for the 2024 Democratic Convention. It will draw one hundred thousand visitors and delegates to the Windy City. I love the city's new tourism motto: Come to Chicago Because of the Food, Stay Because You Got Killed.

The House Judiciary Committee is in New York probing DA Alvin Bragg. He reduces felonies to misdemeanors, cancels statutes of limitations on misdemeanors and labels them felonies to indict Trump. Each day the courtroom proceedings begin with the singing of Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Judge.

Transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney says she's looking for love online. She'd better be careful. There's a lot of weirdos out there.

Transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney became a woke star thanks to the Bud Light boycott over her image on the cans. Her face was also on the cartons. I saw it and just assumed it was a Surgeon General's warning that if you drink too many Bud Lights you may wake up next to a woman with a penis.

Alec Baldwin now free to costar with Will Smith in their next movie called Slap Shot.

Hollywood writers last week voted to strike if negotiations with producers fail, which could delay movie productions. The good news for the crew of the movie Rust is that all charges were dropped against Alec Baldwin Friday. The bad news for the cast and crew of Rust is that shooting resumes soon.

Variety reports ESPN executives are preparing to issue layoffs due to lower ratings and reduced advertising revenue. They lost viewers due to ESPN's strident woke stance and now on-air anchors will be asked to take huge pay cuts. Maybe they should have told us the scores instead of their pronouns.

NBA coaching legend Phil Jackson said he stopped watching NBA games, saying players have turned it into a political soapbox. It's left and right. The players express support for the progressive agenda with social justice phrases printed on jerseys, and Donald Trump's favorite player is John Wall.

Santa Fe prosecutors dropped charges against Alec Baldwin Thursday in the shooting death on his movie set in New Mexico. While standing in front of the movie cameras, Alec's gun went off, shot and killed his cinematographer, but now he won't have to stand trial for it. Even O.J. can't believe it.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 5/1/23
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 09:57:39 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 11:03:57 am »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:01:58 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the new toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 02:36:14 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 02:36:36 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 02:37:11 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the new toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 03:01:49 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023, 03:13:44 pm »
I'm getting hit with this one myself.  On my home purchase, I will be paying an additional fee so that people with bad credit can get better rates.

Thank you, Mr. Pookie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023, 03:26:32 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons and Argus Extras, Pookie!!!

My pleasure, as ever, CL!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023, 03:27:17 pm »
I'm getting hit with this one myself.  On my home purchase, I will be paying an additional fee so that people with bad credit can get better rates.

Thank you, Mr. Pookie.

You're welcome, Hoodat!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2023, 06:25:22 pm »
G'day. Pookie!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 10:37:55 am »

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 01:27:12 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 02:21:30 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 03:34:56 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga!