Author Topic: California Votes To Ban New Diesel Trucks After 2036  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
California Votes To Ban New Diesel Trucks After 2036
« on: May 01, 2023, 02:21:25 am »
Daily Caller by John Hugh DeMastri on April 28, 2023

California regulators voted Friday morning to implement a ban on new combustion truck sales after 2036, and mandate all trucks be zero emission vehicles by 2042, significantly tightening the state’s already strict trucking emissions rules.

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) finalized the Advanced Clean Fleet rule, which would mandate that 50% of all state and local government vehicle fleet purchases be 50% zero-emissions by 2024, and 100% by 2027, and create a registry for drayage trucks. The rule — which comes one day after the board voted to implement the state’s first-ever rules to limit train emissions — would go even further than recent California rules approved by President Joe Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency, which would cut diesel truck sales in half by 2035.

The measure has received pushback from the trucking industry, which expressed concerns about electric vehicle charging infrastructure and widespread deployment, according to The Washington Post. Mike Tunnell, director of environmental affairs at the American Trucking association, told the outlet that industry actors “would rather see the technology be proven and work,” before any action was taken.

“The amount of chaos and dysfunction that is going to be created by this rule will be like nothing we’ve ever seen before,” Chris Shimoda, senior vice president of the California Trucking Association, told San Francisco news outlet KRON4. “The likelihood that it is going to fail pretty spectacularly is very high. It’s very unfortunate”

More: https://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2023/04/28/california-votes-to-ban-new-diesel-trucks-after-2036/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California Votes To Ban New Diesel Trucks After 2036
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 02:37:46 am »
But...But...

Does Vin Diesel have to go electric?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 02:49:26 am »
But...But...

Does Vin Diesel have to go electric?

:terror:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 05:24:02 pm »
California democrats vote to turn California into a third world nation as anyone with any intelligence and wherewithal flees the banana republic.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 05:25:55 pm »
Will train locomotives and ships be next?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 05:26:42 pm »
I got whacked by a resident here the last time I made light of CA's plight.

Hard pass this time.   But, you get what you elect....  js.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 05:42:59 pm »
I got whacked by a resident here the last time I made light of CA's plight.

Hard pass this time.   But, you get what you elect....  js.
I hope it wasn't me, if so, my apologies.
CARB is an un-elected, unaccountable pit of political hacks who wield an immense amount of power that they shouldn't have.

I don't mind rational or reasoned arguments about the idiocy taking place here.  It's the churlish and childish piling on with no value other than to stick one's tongue out at us who are essentially stuck for the time being. Then, on the flip side, we get to deal with churlish/childish comments about "not moving" to another state for "fear" of californicating it. Trust me, I'm one of the last people you need to worry about in that respect.

We're all supposed to be on the same side here, so unlike the TOS, why not stay above it all?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 10:28:01 pm »
RINO snorts:
"Will train locomotives and ships be next?"

Where have you been?
The CARB issued a diktat to effectively ban diesel locomotives last week. I doubt there is ever going to be a "no emissions" diesel engine, whether it be in trucks, locomotives... or ships. SOMETHING is going to be "emitted" from them.

As for the "ships" part, they haven't yet said anything about that, but I suspect that they will ban or otherwise severely restrict them in the future. Ships have enormous oil-burning engines the size of small houses.

Image...  a California with...
- no ships docking
- no trains (to carry stuff from the ships)
- no (or very few) trucks to carry anything at all.

A Green Paradise!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 07:28:51 am »
Will train locomotives and ships be next?
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 09:51:13 am »
Yep.

CA will be a real life Mad Max Movie by 2060. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2023, 01:57:20 pm »
RELATED, perhaps:

Truck owners, regardless of the state where the trucks are plated, will be required to pay an annual $30-per-truck fee to California, likewise to submit passing emissions tests twice a year to be able to operate in the state. Story at Overdrive Online
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2023, 02:47:31 pm »
a ban on new combustion truck sales after 2036 ... would a scumbag legal interpretation of this clause be that this phrasing grandfathers existing diesel trucks?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright