Author Topic: GOP Sen. Tim Scott to make major 2024 presidential campaign announcement on May 22  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 30, 2023 5:18pm EDT
GOP Sen. Tim Scott to make major 2024 presidential campaign announcement on May 22
Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate, is a rising star in the GOP

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

Saying "it's time to take the final step," Republican Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina will formally jump into the 2024 GOP presidential nomination race.

Scott said Sunday at a political event in Charleston, South Carolina, that he’ll make a "major" 2024 announcement on May 22. That announcement, in North Charleston, South Carolina, is expected to be Scott’s formal declaration of candidacy and launch of his White House campaign.

"Tell your friends. Be in attendance," Scott said. "We will have a major announcement, and you’re going to want to be there."

Scott, a rising star in the GOP and the only Black Republican in the Senate, kicked off a "Faith in America" listening tour in February. That tour has taken the senator twice the past couple of months to Iowa – the state that leads off the GOP presidential nominating calendar – and once to New Hampshire, which holds the first primary and votes second in the Republican schedule. The senator has also held campaign style events in his home state of South Carolina, which holds the third contest in the GOP primary and caucus lineup.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-sen-tim-scott-make-major-2024-presidential-campaign-announcement-may-22
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump knocking Scott for loyalty in 3...2.....1......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Flaming orange sh**balls.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Maybe, but so far it's DeSantis he's afraid of.  Haley he's left alone, perhaps he'll do the same with Scott.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump's strategy is pretty basic - divide and conquer.  The more contenders for the nomination, the more they'll split the anti-Trump vote.  So Scott entering probably probably makes Trump him happy.

The only way that doesn't work is if one contender gets a quick jump that convinces the others to drop out.  So the way he prevents that is by focusing everything on whomever is on the lead.  In this case, that's DeSantis.  And if he were to drop out, Trump would then turn on whomever is second and leave the rest alone.  And so on.  If it works, he'll be the nominee.

He then figures that when everyone else is gone, and regardless of what else he has said and done, GOP voters will overwhelmingly rally around him again.

I think he's going to be surprised.

Online libertybele

Trump's strategy is pretty basic - divide and conquer.  The more contenders for the nomination, the more they'll split the anti-Trump vote.  So Scott entering probably probably makes Trump him happy.

The only way that doesn't work is if one contender gets a quick jump that convinces the others to drop out.  So the way he prevents that is by focusing everything on whomever is on the lead.  In this case, that's DeSantis.  And if he were to drop out, Trump would then turn on whomever is second and leave the rest alone.  And so on.  If it works, he'll be the nominee.

He then figures that when everyone else is gone, and regardless of what else he has said and done, GOP voters will overwhelmingly rally around him again.

I think he's going to be surprised.

That's exactly what he did in '16 and yes, I agree, he's going to be surprised. The GOP base that he thinks he has, he'll have divided and there won't be another chance for him to run again, unless he plans on trying to run in '28 at 82 years of age.  I don't see that as a reality.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MajorClay

Don't do it.

Online libertybele