General Category > Elections 2024

Republican presidential candidate Asa Hutchinson responds to DeSantis' row with Disney, says it's 'n

<< < (3/17) > >>

GtHawk:
Maybe it's just me but when I look at what's happening with Disney, Florida and DeSantis I see a Florida issue, not a National issue and not a Presidential election issue, unless DeSantis is doing something with Disney on a national level...which he can't. So all this is just about Trump's surrogates and those auditioning for his VP spot attacking DeSantis for doing his job representing the people of Florida...who so far I have not read about them complaining.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on May 01, 2023, 01:37:52 am ---Maybe it's just me but when I look at what's happening with Disney, Florida and DeSantis I see a Florida issue, not a National issue and not a Presidential election issue, unless DeSantis is doing something with Disney on a national level...which he can't. So all this is just about Trump's surrogates and those auditioning for his VP spot attacking DeSantis for doing his job representing the people of Florida...who so far I have not read about them complaining.

--- End quote ---

Good assessment @GtHawk  - I agree

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on May 01, 2023, 01:37:52 am ---when I look at what's happening with Disney, Florida and DeSantis I see a Florida issue, not a National issue and not a Presidential election issue

--- End quote ---

Except DeSantis's entire campaign is: "Florida: The Blueprint for America".  So the governor-wannabe president choosing corporate winners and losers based on his personal political strategy, potentially damning First Amendment protections and contract law in the process sure matter, bigly.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on May 01, 2023, 04:35:55 am ---Except DeSantis's entire campaign is: "Florida: The Blueprint for America".  So the governor-wannabe president choosing corporate winners and losers based on his personal political strategy, potentially damning First Amendment protections and contract law in the process sure matter, bigly.

--- End quote ---

What bullcrap! Removing privilege from bad acting companies is not the same as 'deciding corporate winners and losers. In a FAIR system, Disney would not have had the Reedy Creek development AT ALL. What of all the other resorts in FL that never got such deference?

Your angst rings hollow.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on April 30, 2023, 09:25:24 pm ---Wasn't this once a cornerstone "conservative" principle?

--- End quote ---

Let us know where you live, and we'll make sure a 20 acre hog farm is built nearby.  Bet you might want governmental intervention then.

Stopping the sponsorship of the grooming and degredation of our youth is more of a "conservative principle" than what you cite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version