Author Topic: Reporters cheer after President Biden notes he's running for re-election at White House Corresponden  (Read 396 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 30, 2023 11:30am EDT
Reporters cheer after President Biden notes he's running for re-election at White House Correspondents' Dinner
The president also joked about concerns over his age and not taking questions from the press

By Hanna Panreck | Fox News

Reporters cheered after President Biden acknowledged his re-election announcement during his remarks at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday.

"Yeah I know, I just announced my re-election campaign," Biden said, as the audience loudly cheered.

"Some of you scooped that I'd announce in a video, but you really all thought in your heart that I'd just blurt it out, didn't you?" he added, as reporters laughed.

"Bias? A non-adversarial relationship, not what you would hope in objective coverage?" questioned ‘Fox & Friends Weekend' co-host Will Cain.

"This is one of those moments where you just play the what-if-Donald-Trump? game and the room would be silent, or full of boos," said co-host Pete Hegseth, who remarked that the White House Correspondents' Dinner has turned into a "giant lovefest" for the Democratic Party and the establishment inside D.C.

During his speech at the dinner, the president also addressed and joked about concerns over his age.

"I get that age is a completely reasonable issue, it's on everybody's mind, by everyone I mean The New York Times," Biden said. "Headline: Biden's advanced age is a big issue, Trump's, however, is not."

"Call me old; I call it being seasoned. You say I am ancient, I say I'm wise," the president continued.

He also seemed to joke about often avoiding questions from the press.

"In a lot of ways, this dinner sums up my first two years in office: I’ll talk for 10 minutes, take zero questions and cheerfully walk away," the president said as reporters clapped and cheered.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-cheer-after-president-biden-notes-hes-running-for-re-election-at-white-house-correspondents-dinner
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Gee, no bias there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

So glad Frankenstein and bride could make it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

What is this with Schmucky?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We've become Gotham City. Complete with Penguin men and the Joker.

Offline Kamaji

If reporters are cheering, then they're not reporters, they're propagandists.

Offline Hoodat

If reporters are cheering, then they're not reporters, they're propagandists.

Correctamundo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-