Author Topic: Supreme Court justices pen unanimous letter slamming Dems over ethics complaints against Clarence Th  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Supreme Court justices pen unanimous letter slamming Dems over ethics complaints against Clarence Thomas
"The Judicial Conference, which binds lower courts, does not supervise the Supreme Court."

Katie Daviscourt
Seattle WA
Apr 29, 2023

The Supreme Court Justices sent a unanimous 9-0 letter addressed to the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday which slammed democratic legislators over their ethics complaints about Justice Clarence Thomas.

In a rare move from the High Court, the joint-statement was released following the Senate Judiciary Committee's requests to propose new legislation on ethics which would allow congress to have independent oversight, instead of a general code of conduct for Justices on the Supreme Court of the United States.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee want to see Justice Clarence Thomas, along with Justice Neil Gorsuch, testify before congress over an alleged ethics "scandal" involving unreported gifts and financial earnings. Justice Thomas has since denied any wrongdoing, and critics of the proposal say that democratic legislators are targeting Thomas and Gorsuch in a politically-motivated witchhunt because of their investments with conservatives, ABC 11

https://thepostmillennial.com/supreme-court-justices-pen-unanimous-letter-slamming-dems-over-ethics-complaints-against-clarence-thomas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if they see the similarities between the democrat accusations against Thomas and their accusations against Trump?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Dems had their chance during the [NC-17] Clarence Thomas hearings in Summer, 1991 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkJfRpktGc

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright