Author Topic: Nearly 9 in 10 in new poll hold feds responsible for border crisis, most expect states to fix  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nearly 9 in 10 in new poll hold feds responsible for border crisis, most expect states to fix
Among Republicans, 91% in Trafalgar survey said it was the federal government's responsibility. Surprisingly, only slightly fewer Democrats, 83%, gave the same response.

By Charlotte Hazard
Updated: April 30, 2023 - 7:42am

Almost 87% of Americans blame the federal government for the border crisis, according to a new poll conducted by the Trafalgar Group for Convention of States Action.

"With local and state government law enforcement resources overwhelmed by the large increase in illegal immigrants and asylum seekers needing assistance and increased drug cartel activity," respondents were prompted, "do you believe it is the responsibility of states or the Federal government to handle these increased costs at the southern border?"

Among Republicans, 91% said it was the federal government's responsibility. Surprisingly, only slightly fewer Democrats, 83%, gave the same response.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/wkdbiden-faces-possible-election-hurdle-poll-shows-majority-us-blames-gov
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What the American people think and what the media will print, are not likely to be the same. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson