Author Topic: Prosecutors: guardsman in leak case wanted to kill a ‘ton of people’  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prosecutors: guardsman in leak case wanted to kill a ‘ton of people’
By Alanna Durkin Richer, AP, Eric Tucker, AP and Tara Copp, AP
 Thursday, Apr 27

WORCESTER, Mass. — The Massachusetts Air National Guardsman accused of leaking highly classified military documents kept an arsenal of guns and said on social media that he would like to kill a “ton of people,” prosecutors said in arguing Thursday that 21-year-old Jack Teixeira should remain in jail for his trial.

But the judge at Teixeira’s detention hearing put off an immediate decision whether he should be kept in custody or released to home confinement or under other conditions. Teixeira was led away from the court in handcuffs, black rosary beads around his neck, pending that ruling.

The court filings raise new questions about why Teixeira had such a high security clearance and access to some of the nation’s most classified secrets. They said he may still have material that hasn’t been released, which could be of “tremendous value to hostile nation states that could offer him safe harbor and attempt to facilitate his escape from the United States.”

In Teixeira’s detention hearing, Magistrate Judge David Hennessy expressed skepticism of defense arguments that the government hasn’t shown Teixeira ever intended leaked information to be widely disseminated.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/04/27/prosecutors-guardsman-spoke-of-murder-may-still-possess-secrets/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Did they do no background checks on him? Why does a guy that low on the pole and that young have that much clearance?

Serious inconsistencies in this story.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Did they do no background checks on him? Why does a guy that low on the pole and that young have that much clearance?

Serious inconsistencies in this story.

From the get go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien