Author Topic: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace... Clarice Feldman  (Read 211 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace... Clarice Feldman
« on: April 30, 2023, 01:22:01 pm »
April 30, 2023
Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
By Clarice Feldman

The forces determined to monopolize the public square through censorship, lies, and social pressure have devastated universities and scholarship generally, allowed a corrupt public health bureaucracy to ravage our lives, and stuck us with the most incompetent and corrupt leadership in our history. There are signs that this monopoly is hitting some bumps in the road, and if you are brave enough you can and should help the cause by fighting to keep your right to speak freely.

One of the biggest forces behind the shifting tide is Elon Musk, who spent a fortune to unlock Twitter from government control. He speaks for me here:

@elonmusk

"It's bizarre that we've come to this point where free speech used to be a liberal value. And yet we see from the 'left' a desire to censor. That seems crazy. I think we should be extremely concerned about anything that undermines the First Amendment...

We must protect free speech, and free speech is only relevant when it's someone you don't like saying something you don't like because, obviously, free speech that you like is easy. The thing about censorship is that for those who would advocate it, just remember at some point that will be turned on you."

Two candidates for the presidency have joined the battle for free speech. Whether you support them or not, they represent a significant force for exposing political mendacity and fighting for the truth as they see it.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/04/speak_now_or_forever_hold_your_peace.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace... Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 01:24:16 pm »
Leftism inevitably devolves into authoritarianism and fascism.  It always has, and it always will.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 01:43:52 pm »
Leftism inevitably devolves into authoritarianism and fascism.  It always has, and it always will.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

Which begs the question; Why do we continue to allow ourselves to be subjected to a tax system endorsed by Marx and Engels themselves?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 02:02:43 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 01:53:42 pm »

Democracy inevitably devolves into the same, unless it is tempered by institutional controls, such as a Constitution and a separation of governmental powers granted thereunder.

An even greater requirement is the adoption by a people of a philosophy whose principal object is the discernment of reality, and which holds as a central proposition that human rights are intrinsic, and not granted by the institutions created by man. 

Progressives wholly reject all of the foregoing, in favor of a deterministic worldview in which truth is not self-evident but revealed, and rights are granted according to social status.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 02:04:06 pm »
Democracy inevitably devolves into the same, unless it is tempered by institutional controls, such as a Constitution and a separation of governmental powers granted thereunder.

An even greater requirement is the adoption by a people of a philosophy whose principal object is the discernment of reality, and which holds as a central proposition that human rights are intrinsic, and not granted by the institutions created by man

Progressives wholly reject all of the foregoing, in favor of a deterministic worldview in which truth is not self-evident but revealed, and rights are granted according to social status.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien