Author Topic: Suspected Chinese Police Station Operative Was at Protests Tied to China’s Consulate  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Suspected Chinese Police Station Operative Was at Protests Tied to China’s Consulate

By JIMMY QUINN
April 28, 2023 5:19 PM

A man arrested for his alleged role in operating an illegal Chinese-government police station in New York was caught on camera at an anti-Taiwan protest in Manhattan linked to the Chinese consulate. His appearance there, weeks before his arrest, raises further questions about the activities of Chinese Communist Party–linked “hometown associations” in the U.S.

The federal government said in court documents this month that Lu Jianwang set up the unauthorized Chinese law-enforcement outpost under the auspices of a cultural group called the America ChangLe Association and that he assisted the Chinese secret police in locating a dissident in California. America ChangLe organized events for immigrants from China’s Fujian province and was named after a neighborhood in the city of Fuzhou. The FBI raided its office in October, after news of the police station’s existence came to light.

Three weeks before his arrest, Lu spent a day tailing Taiwanese president Tsai Ing-wen around New York City with a band of protesters, according to a YouTube video reviewed by National Review. Lu repeatedly appeared at the front of the crowd in that video, which called him the chairman of the “Fujian Hometown Association,” another Chinese government–linked group that he leads. America ChangLe was also represented by Zhang Zikuo, who previously served as that group’s chairman and who also appeared in the video.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/suspected-chinese-police-station-operative-was-at-protests-tied-to-chinas-consulate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson