Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Gives GOP This Major Advantage Over Trump: Ken Cuccinelli  (Read 974 times)

Offline libertybele

Good point.  Eight conservative years under DeSantis vs. an unhinged questionable four years under Trump.  Trump doesn't pick the best people and I don't expect that to change.

Ron DeSantis Gives GOP This Major Advantage Over Trump: Ken Cuccinelli

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can offer the GOP a potential eight years in power opposed to former President Donald Trump's four, which is something that is catching donors attention, according to Ken Cuccinelli, a former Trump administration senior official.

"It's definitely on the radar for every single one of them. I haven't talked to anyone for whom that doesn't make a very substantial difference," Cuccinelli said about potential donors while speaking to The Seattle Times on Friday.

Cuccinelli started Never Back Down, a super PAC aimed at supporting DeSantis' 2024 presidential bid. However, the Florida governor has not yet formally declared a presidential campaign, but he's long been seen as the strongest potential rival to Trump, who remains the Republican favorite in recent polls. Last November, the former president announced that he was running for president for a third time in 2024.

According to the newspaper, Cuccinelli said he saw firsthand how long it can take for a presidential administration to get its feet underneath it. Cuccinelli served under Trump in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from 2019 to 2021, and said the Trump administration didn't find the right staffers until Trump's first term was nearly over.............

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-gives-gop-this-major-advantage-over-trump-ken-cuccinelli-1797519
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ken's a good man, lovingly known as the perennial job seeker ---- he's got a boatload of kids and can't afford to "stagnate".  So,  it's doubtful he, himself, is looking for a four or eight year commitment or quite believes what he's selling. :laugh:

Godspeed, Ken.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 06:48:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is short-sighted. Trump for four and DeSantis is for eight more.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

I don't hold that rosy view. I don't see Trump winning a re-election; the GOPe and the DEMS will make sure of it. Perhaps DeSantis won't run or win the presidency either.  The odds are in the DEMS favor unless the GOP/RNC get a handle on election integrity.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Trump would be an epic disaster.

Online roamer_1

AGAIN.

Offline libertybele

Trump is an epic disaster.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I tend to agree. But I don't see either T or D winning. I don't believe we have fair elections.

What I think is going to happen is Kamala will be the new boss. Whether before the next election and/or after.  They picked and groomed her for the  job way back.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

I tend to agree. But I don't see either T or D winning. I don't believe we have fair elections.

What I think is going to happen is Kamala will be the new boss. Whether before the next election and/or after.  They picked and groomed her for the  job way back.

No, we don't have fair elections.  As for Cackles, she's more of an embarrassment and makes less sense than Brandon, I can't imagine the DEMS keeping her in place, unless she's just another placeholder. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No, we don't have fair elections.  As for Cackles, she's more of an embarrassment and makes less sense than Brandon, I can't imagine the DEMS keeping her in place, unless she's just another placeholder.

I get a bad feeling about her. I think she is who they really want and Biden is the useful idiot to get her there.

Offline libertybele

Re: Ron DeSantis Gives GOP This Major Advantage Over Trump: Ken Cuccinelli
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2023, 08:12:54 pm »
I get a bad feeling about her. I think she is who they really want and Biden is the useful idiot to get her there.

Her husband and his company were donors to Obammy. I'm still thinking that once she becomes prez they've already picked her VP and that's who's going to be running the show. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2023, 09:54:52 pm »
Cuccinelli is as Conservative as it gets.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023, 10:13:39 pm »
Ken's a good man, lovingly known as the perennial job seeker ---- he's got a boatload of kids and can't afford to "stagnate".  So,  it's doubtful he, himself, is looking for a four or eight year commitment or quite believes what he's selling. :laugh:

Godspeed, Ken.

A superconvervative guy with a big, patriotic, all-American family from one wife who homeschools, and who is willing to work to feed them, is my kind of guy.

Given RDS star power, Ken could find a home for a long time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2023, 07:02:23 pm »
A superconvervative guy with a big, patriotic, all-American family from one wife who homeschools, and who is willing to work to feed them, is my kind of guy.

Given RDS star power, Ken could find a home for a long time.

:yowsa:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2023, 09:30:26 pm »
Trump is an epic disaster.

Only if peace, security, prosperity and freedom upset you.   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2023, 09:45:04 pm »
IMHO @Right_in_Virginia  I foresee his run this time around as an epic disaster.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2023, 09:49:54 pm »
IMHO @Right_in_Virginia  I foresee his run this time around as an epic disaster.

IMHO, you're praying for it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2023, 09:53:39 pm »

:thud:  Actually, I'm praying that he passes the MAGA torch onto a true conservative and backs them. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2023, 10:26:28 pm »

I know I am!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2023, 10:33:49 pm »
:thud:  Actually, I'm praying that he passes the MAGA torch onto a true conservative and backs them.

Vivek Ramaswamy will be well-positioned to take the torch in 2028.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2023, 10:40:55 pm »

We sure didn’t have that his final year in office.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2023, 10:42:52 pm »
Vivek Ramaswamy will be well-positioned to take the torch in 2028.

Not a fan. Nothing is known of him other than the rumors (?) that he is tied to Soros. His background is sketchy at best and neither of his parents were born here.

In order for conservatism to prevail Trump needs to back away and pass the torch onto a conservative now rather than later.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:43:40 pm by libertybele »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2023, 10:48:49 pm »
We sure didn’t have that his final year in office.

Trump gave us Biden.  In 2028, he'd probably give us AOC.  I have more faith in a GOP Congress stopping Biden than I do in Trump not destroying the GOP and handing the whole damn thing over to the left in 2028.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2023, 10:56:48 pm »
Trump gave us Biden.  In 2028, he'd probably give us AOC.  I have more faith in a GOP Congress stopping Biden than I do in Trump not destroying the GOP and handing the whole damn thing over to the left in 2028.

What a crock! The Washington establishment gave us Biden and you damned well know it!

The GOP has done a dammed good job of destroying itself if you ask me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien