Author Topic: Point and Counterpoint: Who Should Pay for the Estimated 40,000 Asylum Seekers Who Have Flooded into  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Point and Counterpoint: Who Should Pay for the Estimated 40,000 Asylum Seekers Who Have Flooded into NYC?
COUNTERPOINT
KEN FRYDMAN| 23 APR 2023 | 03:53

Mayor Adams claims that New York City is being “destroyed” by the federal government’s failure to contain the country’s migrant crisis. In other words, our mayor wants our President to pick up the multi-billion dollar tab for the influx of migrants to the five boroughs.

Sorry, Mayor Adams. New York City needs to help bail itself out of its migrant crisis shortfall. That’s the price the nation’s top sanctuary cities — NYC, L.A., Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco— and other liberal cities must pay for providing sanctuary to illegal immigrants.

Sanctuary cities limit their cooperation with the federal government’s effort to enforce immigration law. So why should the federal taxpayer absorb the full cost of asylum seekers or undocumented immigrants? Especially when they’re here illegally.

https://www.westsidespirit.com/news/point-and-counterpoint-who-should-pay-for-the-estimated-40000-asylum-seekers-who-have-flooded-into-nyc-NN2492395
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

NYC itself should.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since NYC declared itself a "sanctuary," it should assume 75% of the cost.  Because the federalies have disregarded the law, they owe 25%.  Why wouldn't illegals flock to NYC for all the freebies they get instead of going to a non-sanctuary and take a chance on being arrested?  They have brought on their mess mainly themselves. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson