Author Topic: California Legislature Considering New Rules Mandating EV Bidirectional Charging Capabilities  (Read 245 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection  by Leslie Eastman Friday, April 28, 2023

Bureaucrats and politicians are counting their wattage eggs before they hatch.

We have been chronicling California’s conversion to a green energy theocracy, where the legislature imposes rules on fuel limitations that cannot currently be met by today’s technology.

Not content with just denying the sales of new fossil-fuel-powered vehicles by 2035, the legislature is now considering a measure that would mandate that electric vehicles offer bidirectional charging capabilities.

The California legislature has introduced a bill that would mandate bidirectional charging capability for all new EVs sold in the state beginning in 2027.

First spotted by Charged EVs, SB 233 has passed the California Senate Energy Committee and now heads to the Senate Transportation Committee April 25 for further consideration. If enacted, the bill would ensure all new EVs sold in California after 2027 would have the ability to discharge power from their battery packs to assist the power grid, or provide a backup power source for homes.

“SB 233 will make EVs more attractive to consumers by enabling them to use their car batteries to power their homes,” State Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley), the bill’s sponsor, said in a statement.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/04/california-legislature-considering-new-rules-mandating-ev-bidirectional-charging-capabilities/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh wow. Now they can really suck you dry.

Tell me this isn't all about control.

(If you had caught them siphoning your gas tank, you could have chased them off. )
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh wow. Now they can really suck you dry.

Tell me this isn't all about control.

(If you had caught them siphoning your gas tank, you could have chased them off. )
Cool, so even if you think you have your EV on the charger in case you need to split in an emergency you might find when you hop in that Noisome and the democrats had actually sucked it dry so someone could have their AC :silly: :silly:

One more reason why I won't have an EV. Commiefornia where you get Californicated.