Author Topic: Biden to Aliens: Don’t Break the Law — We’ll Do It for You!  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden to Aliens: Don’t Break the Law — We’ll Do It for You!

By Mark Krikorian on April 28, 2023
The administration announced on Thursday its plans for coping with the expected supercharged illegal immigration (on top of the existing disaster at the border) once Title 42 is lifted on May 11.

The plan is lawlessness atop lawlessness, all the way down.

A lot of the details are still unclear, but the fact sheet on Thursday’s announcement by Secretary of State Blinken and Secretary of Homeland Security Mayorkas gives the general picture. In short, the Biden administration is trying to manage effectively unlimited immigration, but in such a way as to minimize bad press. The tenor of the plan — as with the administration’s whole approach to immigration — is focused entirely on accommodating the wishes of foreigners, rather than enforcing the immigration limits enacted by the elected representatives of the American people.

The most consequential of the “sweeping measures” announced by the administration seek to “expand legal pathways” to admit more aliens with no right to come to the United States, as a means of reducing the number who resort to the politically awkward step of crossing illegally. The problem is the additional legal pathways are illegal, and the supposed stick of tougher enforcement to push people to use those pathways isn’t much of a stick.

https://cis.org/Krikorian/Biden-Aliens-Dont-Break-Law-Well-Do-It-You
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson