Author Topic: Energy analyst Mark P. Mills exposes folly of EVs being ‘Net-Zero’: ‘You have to dig up about 500,00  (Read 217 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Energy analyst Mark P. Mills exposes folly of EVs being ‘Net-Zero’: ‘You have to dig up about 500,000 pounds of materials to make a single 1000-pound battery’

Energy analysis Mark P. Mills: "You have to dig up about 500,000 pounds of materials to make a single 1000-pound battery. It takes 100 to 300 barrels of oil to manufacture a battery that can hold one barrel of oil equivalent of energy."

Mills is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute & a faculty fellow at Northwestern University’s McCormick School of Engineering & Applied Science. ... Mills served in the White House Science Office under President Reagan.

By: Admin - Climate DepotApril 24, 2023 9:01 AM

Mills Full text: “There’s no such thing, of course, as a zero-emissions vehicle. The real question is, where are the emissions associated with the electric car? B Because what you do with an electric vehicle is you don’t eliminate emissions; you export them somewhere else. You have to dig up about 500,000 pounds of materials to make a single 1000-pound battery. it takes 100 to 300 barrels of oil to manufacture a battery that can hold one barrel of oil equivalent of energy. Just manufacturing the battery can have a carbon debt rate ranging from 10 tons to 40 tons of co2, and the plans that are in place to increase the use of batteries will require an increase in production of minerals like lithium, cobalt, zinc — demand for those minerals will increase between 400% and 4,000%. There isn’t enough mining in the world to make enough batteries for that many people for their car.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/04/24/energy-analyst-mark-p-mills-exposes-folly-of-ev-being-net-zero-you-have-to-dig-up-about-500000-pounds-of-materials-to-make-a-single-1000-pound-battery/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
One of the worst losses I have in not saving an internet article is one from about 10-15 years ago, where one of the most renown electrical engineer and scientist in the world did a massively exhaustive evaluation of the efficency of renewable energies versus fossil and nuclear energy.  I am sure it got scrubbed, and was so deep "6"'ed by Big Tech that it is pretty much buried or likely dead.

It pretty much worked of the merit's of Newton's laws of thermodynamics, and the premise that though energy can be transferred, it can degrade upon transmission and storage. Understanding a lot of it, would take mostly a Physics Academic, but I as able to extract enough of it get the high points.

So even, with the insanity and environmental disasters of diposal problem with renewables, the concept itself is a fallacy in that when you start looking at the BTU to BTU conversions and ratios, power plant as a source of power and subsitiute for fossil fuels like gasoline, diesel, et. al was about 2-3X in pollutant generation. That's the dirty little lie AOC and her minions hide conviently.

The article was damning, and very prophetic too, in that addressed the geo-political aspirations of the whako green agenda too.   The fact this guy was this dead on 15 years ago, was pretty amazing.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 12:45:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

One of the worst losses I have in not saving an internet article is one from about 10-15 years ago, where one of the most renown electrical engineer and scientist in the world did a massively exhaustive evaluation of the efficency of renewable energies versus fossil and nuclear energy.  I am sure it got scrubbed, and was so deep "6"'ed by Big Tech that it is pretty much buried or likely dead.

It pretty much worked of the merit's of Newton's laws of thermodynamics, and the premise that though energy can be transferred, it can degrade upon transmission and storage. Understanding a lot of it, would take mostly a Physics Academic, but I as able to extract enough of it get the high points.

So even, with the insanity and environmental disasters of diposal problem with renewables, the concept itself is a fallacy in that when you start looking at the BTU to BTU conversions and ratios, power plant as a source of power and subsitiute for fossil fuels like gasoline, diesel, et. al was about 2-3X in pollutant generation. That's the dirty little lie AOC and her minions hide conviently.

The article was damning, and very prophetic too, in that addressed the geo-political aspirations of the whako green agenda too.   The fact this guy was this dead on 15 years ago, was pretty amazing.

Do you remember the authors name?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Do you remember the authors name?

Funny, with some things I have a photographic memory, but others I fail miserably.  And I am drawing a blank on this one.   9999hair out0000. Names and faces?  I suck at that.

I was speaking at one of our plant workshops before I retired, and a worker came up to me afterwards to ask a question,  I introduced myself, but had to look at his name tag to get his name. 

He looked at me, and said "you don't know my name?  We've worked together here 11 years".  I felt like crawling under a rock.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.