Author Topic: Are people still using polls to determine Trump’s electability?  (Read 243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 28, 2023
Are people still using polls to determine Trump’s electability?
By James Swofford

There has been a little boomlet recently of talk about how Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is more electable than former President Donald Trump.  I have heard this discussion on podcasts, I have read tweets and articles on electability and I have heard electability discussion on talk radio.  The genesis of this discussion seems to be a poll of registered voters commissioned by the Wall Street Journal showing DeSantis leads Biden by 3 points, while Trump trails Biden by 3 points.

Ignoring the issue of registered voters rather than likely voters, those are some interesting poll results to some people.  At least some people seem to think it indicates something about Donald Trump’s electability. Those people must have short memories.

This is the same Donald Trump who polls said had no chance to win the 2016 presidential election. The winner of the 2016 election was of course Donald Trump.  This is the same Donald Trump that polls said was going to be blown out in the 2020 presidential election.  That election was so tight the counting dragged on for days until Joe Biden was declared the winner 3 days after the election.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/are_people_still_using_polls_to_determine_trumps_electability.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Are people still using polls to determine Trump’s electability?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 06:36:01 pm »
Trump himself is using polls to argue that he has such a big lead in the primaries that nobody else should bother running against him.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 11:14:55 pm »
Major Bill huffs:
"Trump himself is using polls to argue that he has such a big lead in the primaries that nobody else should bother running against him."

Well, I'd consider 62% (Mr. Trump) v. 16% (Mr. DeSantis) to be kinda a "big lead" (from a poll posted here yesterday).

Is 4 to 1 big enough for you, sir?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 11:50:19 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 04:06:41 am »
Major Bill huffs:
"Trump himself is using polls to argue that he has such a big lead in the primaries that nobody else should bother running against him."

Well, I'd consider 62% (Mr. Trump) v. 16% (Mr. DeSantis) to be kinda a "big lead" (from a poll posted here yesterday).

Is 4 to 1 big enough for you, sir?

That's assuming you believe the polls, which the premise of this article says you shouldn't.

Can't have it both ways.