Author Topic: How Democrats’ Push For Electric Cars Endangers National Security  (Read 219 times)

Offline Kamaji

How Democrats’ Push For Electric Cars Endangers National Security

Democrats’ highly expensive environmental policies have been developed without any meaningful strategic thinking or analyses about raw materials and geopolitics.

BY: PAUL GILBERT
APRIL 28, 2023

Ford Motor Company recently announced it’s set to lose more than $6 billion on its latest electric vehicle plants while it gets them running, with the company CEO saying “we cannot continue to import batteries and rare earth from overseas.”

“We can build all the plants, but what’s the good if we’re importing batteries?” he continued, highlighting U.S. mine closures and global shortages of the rare earths required for the batteries that power these cars.

Joe Biden declared war on fossil fuels on his first day in office. The federal government has adopted numerous policies to swiftly move our nation away from gas-powered vehicles to all-electric ones.

Yet the Biden administration appears entirely unaware of the hard realities of such a major infrastructure shift. In a recent congressional hearing, Biden Interior Secretary Deb Haaland couldn’t answer basic questions about the dearth of crucial materials for EVs due to foreign monopolies on mining and the administration’s antipathy to U.S. energy independence.

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1640738719102631936

China Monopolizes Key Inputs for EV Batteries
EV batteries require nine elements, here listed in order of proportion: graphite, aluminum, nickel, copper, steel, manganese, cobalt, lithium, and iron. Almost all of these elements that will be needed in massive quantities to produce a U.S. electric-vehicle boom are controlled by foreign countries, especially the top U.S. adversary, China. Mining is a major business operation that requires years to develop, at high business risk, and the United States controls few of the needed raw materials for EVs.

China mines and refines 82 percent of the world’s graphite. It also consumes one-third of the graphite extracted by the world’s next largest supplier, Madagascar. There has been no graphite mining in the United States since the 1950s, and plans for opening any mine are far off.

Source: 

Offline mountaineer

Biden Interior Secretary Deb Haaland testifies before a U.S. Senate committee that she is unaware China controls the critical minerals needed for electric vehicles.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1653429396810653701

Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
1h
In a late-stage republic, government officials are never chosen on merit. Since the only goals are power and looting the treasury, you hand out government positions to all your idiot friends so they can wet their beaks in the public pot of gold.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Biden Interior Secretary Deb Haaland testifies before a U.S. Senate committee that she is unaware China controls the critical minerals needed for electric vehicles.

where did she think it came from? Good God! Is there anybody at least remotely competent at their job in this administration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

where did she think it came from? Good God! Is there anybody at least remotely competent at their job in this administration
Not a single Biden administration official - at any level - was hired on the basis of merit - only skin color, sex, ethnicity or sexual proclivities.

Thus the monumental failure that is this president.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Not a single Biden administration official - at any level - was hired on the basis of merit - only skin color, sex, ethnicity or sexual proclivities.

Thus the monumental failure that is this president.

Yep

And we’re paying a very high price as a result.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy