Author Topic: Biden Authorizes Reserve Troops To Be Deployed To The Border  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Authorizes Reserve Troops To Be Deployed To The Border
« on: April 28, 2023, 11:18:02 am »
Biden Authorizes Reserve Troops To Be Deployed To The Border
Micaela Burrow
April 27, 20230

President Joe Biden issued an executive order Thursday authorizing heads of the Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to call up reserve troops to active duty for anti-drug missions at the southwest border.

U.S. authorities expect a surge of deportations of migrants attempting to enter the U.S. through the southern border once Title 42 COVID-19 restrictions lift in May, sparking fears of a potential surge in drug smuggling into the U.S. Biden’s order on Thursday would give Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas the authority to call up as many members of the Ready Reserve force as necessary to “ensure” DOD can “properly sustain” its support for DHS in countering transnational drug trafficking, the order states.

The order did not give details on when or at what scale reservists could be recalled to active duty. Pentagon Press Secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said he had nothing to add regarding the order Thursday when asked how many troops could be expected to deploy to the southwest border.

The U.S. has struggled for years to prevent drugs like meth, cocaine and fentanyl, a deadly opioid painkiller, from illegally flowing through the southern border into the U.S., seizing tons in illicit shipments each month. The Biden administration has come under fire for failing to address the pressure at the border and stem the flow of dangerous narcotics.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/04/biden-authorizes-reserve-troops-to-be-deployed-to-the-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Authorizes Reserve Troops To Be Deployed To The Border
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 11:19:12 am »
Brandon does need to secure the border to insure no one stops or slows the invasion of illegals. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson