Author Topic: Despite Paying Taxes, Illegals Are A Net Drain On State, Federal Budgets  (Read 304 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Despite Paying Taxes, Illegals Are A Net Drain On State, Federal Budgets

A.W. Morgan
04/25/2023

Earlier: Nancy Pelosi Shouldn’t Count Too Much On Tax Revenues From The DREAM Act Kids

Pawel Styrna, of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, has helpfully fact-checked the latest from pro-Great Replacement CNN, which updated a piece from 2019 to claim that illegals benefit us because they, too, pay taxes [Undocumented immigrants are paying their taxes today, too, by Catherine E. Shoichet, April 18, 2023]. Conclusion: Don’t believe the leftist Mainstream Media Megaphone. Illegals are a net drain on state and the federal treasuries.

Before getting to Styrna’s analysis, here’s a snippet from CNN’s Shoichet, who found the usual suspect to make her point:

https://www.alipac.us/f12/despite-paying-taxes-illegals-net-drain-state-federal-budgets-408089/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Despite...paying...taxes. I really don't think sales tax is really making up for all the free taxpayer funded goodies they get on the welfare gravy train, section 8 housing, food, medical, not too mention using their IRS provided tax ID to get fraudulent but very substantial returns on taxes they never paid, so yeah they are a drain, and Bidet and the democrats are actively importing millions of leaches.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 12:43:54 am by GtHawk »

Offline Hoodat

Despite Paying Taxes, Illegals Are A Net Drain On State, Federal Budgets

They wouldn't be if you simply stopped giving them free stuff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-