Author Topic: The Afghan Withdrawal Coverup  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Afghan Withdrawal Coverup
« on: April 29, 2023, 04:55:25 pm »

The Afghan Withdrawal Coverup
Story by The Editorial Board • Wednesday

The August 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan was a debacle that continues to undermine U.S. credibility abroad. Yet the Biden Administration won’t release the full record of what happened, and now House Foreign Affairs Chairman Michael McCaul is calling out the coverup.

Mr. McCaul wrote on Tuesday to Secretary of State Antony Blinken seeking the public release of State’s 87-page after-action report on the withdrawal. The public has been provided only a 12-page summary, which was written by the White House National Security Council and essentially blames the mess on Donald Trump.

Mr. McCaul has since seen the underlying State review on which the White House summary is partly based. In his letter to Mr. Blinken, he cites unclassified portions of State’s review that contradict the White House’s narrative. Even the snippets provided in the letter suggest the full report would reveal mistakes that should be accounted for. For example:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/the-afghan-withdrawal-coverup/ar-AA1aoo5r
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson