Author Topic: Insanity is being normalized  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Insanity is being normalized
« on: April 27, 2023, 04:46:25 pm »
Insanity is being normalized
DAVID STROM 12:31 PM on April 26, 2023

What if you destroy the norms and definitions that give shape to our lives and our basic understanding of the world?

There is a term used to describe how, essentially, we navigate the world day to day. We use heuristics, which is a fancy Greek term for how we parse out the world in an essentially common-sense fashion. Rules of thumb, estimates based upon experience, guesstimates, satisficing. Finding solutions that, while not exactly precise, work well enough to navigate the world successfully.

In reality, outside specific tasks that require precision, this is how we HAVE to navigate the world because there is just no way to pin everything down to the hundredth decimal on every single thing, and we haven’t the actual capacity to do so in every case because the world is far too chaotic to do so. The variables are infinite and their interactions chaotic, which makes the counsel of waiting until everything is known the equivalent of suicidal paralysis.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/04/26/insanity-is-being-normalized-n546411
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Re: Insanity is being normalized
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 06:34:03 pm »
It is not insanity. It is evil.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Insanity is being normalized
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 10:47:26 pm »
David Strom asks:
"What if you destroy the norms and definitions that give shape to our lives and our basic understanding of the world?"

Where were you when the Khmer Rouge announced they were going to take Cambodia back "to the year zero" ??

The Party is attempting an updated version of that, right here in the USA.
Because the ultimate goal of marxism/communism is to create "a new Man", along with the new world in which he will live.

Heck, if they can turn men into women and women into men, that's a good way towards achieving their ultimate goals, I reckon...