Author Topic: San Diego Moves To Purchase Hotels for Homeless at Cost of $400K Per Room  (Read 410 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Diego Moves To Purchase Hotels for Homeless at Cost of $400K Per Room

Susannah Luthi
April 26, 2023

San Diego leaders are requesting state funds to buy three hotels for the city’s homeless at a cost of $383,000 per room, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

The wealthy city, where homelessness has surged to record highs in recent months, will apply for the funds from California governor Gavin Newsom's (D.) latest $736 million round of funding from his homelessness grant program. City officials were unfazed by the cost of the plan, with commissioner Ryan Clumpner calling it "a fantastic value proposition."

Commissioner Stefanie Benvenuto called the value of the purchases "incredible when you see the cost at the door."

https://freebeacon.com/california/san-diego-hotels-for-homeless/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,that tells you something about the economic background of the people running San Diego.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!